• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Early Season Setup

cspot

Well after some tinkering around I think I have my early season setup ready to go. Wanted to go packless so I added some suspenders to the phantom, got a stick mule system from Genesis 3D, and bought some pouches. This is everything I need to get up the tree and rappel down. Still have enough room in the 1 pouch for a water bottle and a rangefinder. I think I will be pretty happy with this setup for the early season. When it gets into the all day rut hunting, I will be carrying a pack as I take additional clothes plus food/water to sit out there all day. I would also be packing a larger platform like the Predator as I would want more room to move around. I think the Scout will be sufficient for short early season hunts. The new stick mule system from Genesis is pretty slick. I actually have a Beast Mini-stick coming in July to replace the full length stick. Not really doing for weight savings, but my son is going to use my full size set of Beast Sticks this fall with his JX3 so I needed 1 more stick. Measured this on a bathroom scale and it was 9lbs even. It is a bathroom scale so that may be off slightly. I am not really one to chase ounces, but considering for most of last season I was using a Summit Climber that was 20lbs bare, this will be a huge improvement.

PS. My son is the one with it on and just did it so I could take a few pics. His leg loop is hooked up incorrectly as it goes thru the bridge loop. Just wanted to point that out before someone caught it. Also he is a tad skinnier than I am so the saddle isn't really adjusted up right. LOL.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

That's pretty cool there. I had a similar idea but was going to use the gator back suspenders from my new tool belt. The orientation will be a bit different but same idea.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

[mention]cspot [/mention] looks good man! Did you think about trying out a combat belt to carry your pouches and Stick Mule System on? I love mine for that exact same setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[mention]cspot [/mention] looks good man! Did you think about trying out a combat belt to carry your pouches and Stick Mule System on? I love mine for that exact same setup.

I thought about a combat belt, but then I would be adding more weight and more that I would sweat under. Looking to try and stay as cool as possible for early season. Who knows I may end up adding one eventually to it. When it starts getting cold I will probably just carry a pack and take some stuff off the saddle.

I bought a pair of Walmart ones early last season 2 hunts and they were saggin . So unless I grow 2 foot... they are trash. Should have just not been cheap... the ones I went with for round 2 were like the ones in this OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Used suspenders last season and really love them. Currently, I’m playing around with a tactical vest with molle loops and a chest holster.

Used suspenders last season and really love them. Currently, I’m playing around with a tactical vest with molle loops and a chest holster.
I love this idea. Do you plan on connecting the vest to the saddle with the molle loops in some way, or something else? Using the vest to keep it up while walking in, and then having the option to disconnect for flexibility climbing/sitting sounds great.

I love this idea. Do you plan on connecting the vest to the saddle with the molle loops in some way, or something else? Using the vest to keep it up while walking in, and then having the option to disconnect for flexibility climbing/sitting sounds great.
Yes, the vest is connected to the saddle. So far, I have not seen the need to disconnect, as I have the saddle hanging lower than if I'd use the waist belt to buckle up. If I buckle up, then just loosely to keep the saddle in place. The vest is holding it up. Even when up in the tree, I see no need to disconnect for saddle comfort. I was thinking about disconnecting and taking the vest off if I'd see need for it. Practiced shooting with the bow last night and did not have any issues with the front pockets interfering with the bow string.

Attachments

• IMG_7485.jpg
    IMG_7485.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7486.jpg
    IMG_7486.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 72
Looks very cool. Good to know you can adjust it so you never have to disconnect and everything stays out of the way.

Are the clips metal or plastic? If metal, are they noisy while walking around?
Buckles on the vest are plastic. Those on the saddle are original. The vest and saddle are connected with paracord, no clips or buckles. When I used suspenders, they have metal carabiner, but there was never a noise. Does that answer your question?

Buckles on the vest are plastic. Those on the saddle are original. The vest and saddle are connected with paracord, no clips or buckles. When I used suspenders, they have metal carabiner, but there was never a noise. Does that answer your question?

I'm sorry, I should have directed the question to cspot. Thanks for the reply.

Are the clips metal or plastic? If metal, are they noisy while walking around?

All of the stuff I got from Genesis 3D is plastic. I believe he makes everything with a 3D printer. He is constantly coming out with new products if you follow him on Facebook. He is working on a clip for a Thermocell to saddle right now for example.

The only thing metal on the suspenders is the buttons that hook the suspenders onto the molle. I haven't noticed any noise.

Here’s my early season setup.
c12507c353050fda158a9607df5df21b.jpg

ea72995b212c6286343a32629edaadf5.jpg

af8821072e4b7c55aa19b8522b66f558.jpg

9ae58a4031a513d009207c377b5708d8.jpg

Back