• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Easy layers attachment

I always thought ranger beads were the distance beads the US Military used per 5/km traveled in land navigation. Learn something new every day.

So the bead is not a bead at all then? Its a knot? That's cool.

Yes...it's a knot made.of Paracord that slides up and down a length of Paracord....if u get the "bead tied tight when u slide it and load it the knot grabs pretty good and hold in place. I haven't had anything work loose

This could be a decent stick attaching method too, as long as the loop is big enough to pass the standoff/steps through before cinching down. cheaper than the voile straps I have, stay attached so can't get dropped, and no metal buckles. I like.

U need to get the knot tight as u can....like 1 end was in the vice and the other end I got pliers so start out with way too much rope so at the end u can really get a good grip

U need to get the knot tight as u can....like 1 end was in the vice and the other end I got pliers so start out with way too much rope so at the end u can really get a good grip

Just be careful....was stretching spectra d loop cord in a vise using a screwdriver that had the cord wrapped....got on the edge of the vise too much and cut the cord....I flew backward and hit a wall of tools!

Just be careful....was stretching spectra d loop cord in a vise using a screwdriver that had the cord wrapped....got on the edge of the vise too much and cut the cord....I flew backward and hit a wall of tools!
Sounds like u need to work that vice a little harder....I can't remember the last time mine had a flat/sharp edge.......hahahahaha

Back