• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberhart Signature Saddle Intro

Just watched this. Looks pretty interesting! I’m intrigued by the 2 piece design. Didn’t think about how it could basically fold together against your back while you wear it in. That’s cool! Wonder what the price is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched this. Looks pretty interesting! I’m intrigued by the 2 piece design. Didn’t think about how it could basically fold together against your back while you wear it in. That’s cool! Wonder what the price is.

$200

iamcorey,

Where did you see/get that price of $200? And do you know if it is made in the US or China?

@Bwhana, isn’t this ESS similar to what you created and had with you at the NC meet up in spring? Looks a lot like a modified Anderson Sling. I can imagine to be very comfortable.

@Bwhana, isn’t this ESS similar to what you created and had with you at the NC meet up in spring? Looks a lot like a modified Anderson Sling. I can imagine to be very comfortable.
The Anderson is the father of the Wraptor, Recon, and ESS, so they are almost the same. All are the same thing, just two sections with spacers, linesman and a belt of some sort to hold them up. Leg loops were added by the Recon and ESS mainly for insurance/liability reasons, not for true need. They all should feel the same because they have the same base, so nothing new for the ESS except the maker.

The Anderson is the father of the Wraptor, Recon, and ESS, so they are almost the same. All are the same thing, just two sections with spacers, linesman and a belt of some sort to hold them up. Leg loops were added by the Recon and ESS mainly for insurance/liability reasons, not for true need. They all should feel the same because they have the same base, so nothing new for the ESS except the maker.

You should know but a side by side review is in order. The recon is significantly cheaper. @MADhunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iamcorey,

Where did you see/get that price of $200? And do you know if it is made in the US or China?

Eberhart said it on FB, but awkwardly did not address the where it’s made question when asked directly in the comments.

Can’t imagine it not being made in US.

Idk man, seems exactly like a recon except: costs more, takes longer to get, and may be made in a foreign country.

I can’t see it working any better or worse than a Recon since it is nearly identical.

That being said, it’s probably the best saddle in the tethrd lineup.

Idk man, seems exactly like a recon except: costs more, takes longer to get, and may be made in a foreign country.

I can’t see it working any better or worse than a Recon since it is nearly identical.

That being said, it’s probably the best saddle in the tethrd lineup.
I haven't put hands on either, but I'd probably go with the Recon if picking between the two based on videos of each.

I like the belt on the ESS better and I think it would be easier to replace the bridge on the ESS with those large metal loops. However, I don't care for the leg loops on the ESS and the slider in the webbing bridge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I haven't put hands on either, but I'd probably go with the Recon if picking between the two based on videos of each.

I like the belt on the ESS better and I think it would be easier to replace the bridge on the ESS with those large metal loops. However, I don't care for the leg loops on the ESS and the slider in the webbing bridge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The leg loops suck on all the sling options in my opinion. I wish someone could figure them out.

The leg loops suck on all the sling options in my opinion. I wish someone could figure them out.
I don't like the sagging/flip flopped panels with dump pouches attached either. I don't really like wearing suspenders when I already have my backpack on and binocular harness on. Maybe this style of sling just isn't meant to have dump pouches. Or maybe this ESS works with 'em.

Last edited:
I don't like the sagging/flip flopped panels with dump pouches attached either. I don't really like wearing suspenders when I already have my backpack on and binocular harness on. Maybe this style of sling just isn't meant to have dump pouches. Or maybe this ESS works with 'em.

The slings just aren’t great for dump pouch guys. I can’t stand anything on my saddle so it works for me. I think the slings are great but I can understand how they may not work for a lot of guys. It’s a great time in saddle hunting!

You should know but a side by side review is in order. The recon is significantly cheaper. @MADhunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
$50 less but missing some of the features that John explains well in the video posted here and in literature. There is a reason, a true purpose, behind each little thing John does. So I wouldn't dismiss this over $50. The man has been using almost an identical set up for 40 years and has tweaked it along the way until it became the ESS. $50 for 40 years of wisdom - yeah, I'd buy that. Just because all of these are based off the original Anderson - Does Not make them all equal. Like I said, everything John does is very intentional, don't underestimate it.

$50 less but missing some of the features that John explains well in the video posted here and in literature. There is a reason, a true purpose, behind each little thing John does. So I wouldn't dismiss this over $50. The man has been using almost an identical set up for 40 years and has tweaked it along the way until it became the ESS. $50 for 40 years of wisdom - yeah, I'd buy that. Just because all of these are based off the original Anderson - Does Not make them all equal. Like I said, everything John does is very intentional, don't underestimate it.

I couldn’t watch all of it. What features does it have that the recon does not. I made it to the aluminum rings. What else?

I couldn’t watch all of it. What features does it have that the recon does not. I made it to the aluminum rings. What else?

The belt is really the only difference.

Back