• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Eberlestock packs

Hoythunter1861

For those that own them, can you give me some information? I need to find a new pack and I’ve heard some about them. Was looking at the F2.
I know they’re “customizable” but not sure how much or what I need to get with it.
I primarily saddle hunt and need to pack in my Muddy Pro sticks (x4). Bow hunt only, so if I can attach the bow on the back it’s even better. I carry a small platform on the inside, then miscellaneous Equipment.
Any info would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Optics plane has a sale on right now for the Eberlestock packs.

I’ve been eyeballing the Bandit.

In the past year I have had the Kuiu Venture 2300, Alpz Pursuit, 5.11 Rush72, Badlands 2200, Badlands Superday, and now the Eberlestock X2. My pack shopping days stopped when I got the X2.

X3 what these ^ guys said !! Dabbled with the Alps Outdoors packs. Loved their designs but they are so cheaply made. Zippers stopped working within a month. Don’t know about the F2, but Got an X2 on sale for $149 and holy crap these things seem bomb proof. The retail $199 price still seems like a great deal and I’d pay it if I had to. Like the other guys I pack in 4 full length sticks, all other gear and even strap on my bow if I know it’s a long walk. I’ve also packed out a buck in it. Guessing about 60 pounds of meat (4 quarters, backstraps and organs) plus my original 20 pounds of gear (which I have weighed) for about 80 pounds! Hiked out about a mile with it! I did have to hold my bow at that point but I probably could’ve figure out how to strap it on too if I really wanted to.

78F856E7-AA0D-44C4-B185-B1FE4E759ECD.png

I have the bandit. Slick little pack for it's weight. Nice for the minimalist style hunter. I'm debating on tryin to maybe sell it.
84a241a7c1f6b4c30a6253706ce32bb1.jpg
1210b5971e1952e63758fddf3df6ddd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have the bandit. Slick little pack for it's weight. Nice for the minimalist style hunter. I'm debating on tryin to maybe sell it.

Lmk if you decide to sell. I’m still looking. Seems small. Does it carry predator and sticks pretty well?

Also what camo is yours?

Lmk if you decide to sell. I’m still looking. Seems small. Does it carry predator and sticks pretty well?

Also what camo is yours?

Its doppelganger sky camo I believe. It does carry them well for being so small. That web in the front cinches down well. Lot of places for attachments but not the most space.

In the past year I have had the Kuiu Venture 2300, Alpz Pursuit, 5.11 Rush72, Badlands 2200, Badlands Superday, and now the Eberlestock X2. My pack shopping days stopped when I got the X2.

I can relate to this for sure! I currently have an Eberlestock X2 and a Tailhook. Both are nice packs and perfectly capable of anything that I throw at them, I just prefer my Bisongear Lost River a little more.

I just bought the X2. Have you guys had trouble attaching the predator platform and a gun / bow to hike in? My climbing system is SRT, so i'd be carrying a rope, harness, gri-gri, ascender, and Camera equipment. Hope this pack is what i need!

Seems like the bow carrys pretty high up above head on the x2. Is this an issue for you guys?

For those that own them, can you give me some information? I need to find a new pack and I’ve heard some about them. Was looking at the F2.

I have both an F2 and an X2. If I was carrying sticks with the pack I'd go with the x2. There are two horizontal straps vs 1 on the f2 to get the sticks tighter and they fit under the lid better. Additionally, the f2 doesn't come with a waist belt but I use the belt from my f1 mainframe or use it without a belt when I don't have much in it (surprisingly not bad to wear that way). At the current low price on the eberlestock website for the mountain grassy camo pattern at $119 I think you can't lose on the x2.

If interested, I was able to get the bandit for $109 through Optics Planet. It was on sale for $115 and then I used honey gold to search discount codes and got the price down to $102. Then, after adding tax, it went up to $109.

I'm in love with the X2. Fits me like a glove. I have a lot of packs and this is my favorite.
286c15a50070ec85b23481fcf3c7bdb6.jpg

Last edited:

Did you add the hip belt for this setup?

Seems like the bow carrys pretty high up above head on the x2. Is this an issue for you guys?

I have the bow bucket on mine, I extended the straps and can adjust the bow to whatever height I want.

I have the bow bucket on mine, I extended the straps and can adjust the bow to whatever height I want.
I need to check into this. I love my X2 but don’t really like how the bow rides so high. It was never really a deal breaker though, as I rarely put my bow on my pack. However I plan on going in deeper this year, which I may want to put the bow on the pack for. CZMark, do you happen to have a pic of your bow on your pack?

@Hossmiller , the pack is empty here, I just threw this photo together when I saw your post. I can have the bow lower, but here it is at about the top of my head.
cca2bbc176c939baba1c72db6fa3cb18.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I have had and tried every pack you can list on this site and the X2 was it for me also. I run four sticks, two on each side and either the mission platform or the Cruzr seeker. I do it a little different and when I remove my sticks and platform and transfer them to my saddle, I put my bow in sideways and clip it in and it comes up the tree in one trip with everything else so I don’t have to use any type of cord to bring anything up. My platform hangs off a Genesis 3D printed hanger in the middle of my saddle but under my pack and bow and I have one stick on each side of my saddle. Stick one is attached at ground level and stick two is in my hand and ready to. Hope that makes sense. The X2 is awesome.

I have had and tried every pack you can list on this site and the X2 was it for me also. I run four sticks, two on each side and either the mission platform or the Cruzr seeker. I do it a little different and when I remove my sticks and platform and transfer them to my saddle, I put my bow in sideways and clip it in and it comes up the tree in one trip with everything else so I don’t have to use any type of cord to bring anything up. My platform hangs off a Genesis 3D printed hanger in the middle of my saddle but under my pack and bow and I have one stick on each side of my saddle. Stick one is attached at ground level and stick two is in my hand and ready to. Hope that makes sense. The X2 is awesome.

spot on right here, except I pack my sticks horizontally.

Back