• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ezv at close range

justwcc

I love my ezv sight, but I have one issue that I haven’t figured out. Where should I start to figure the hold point for shots that are say 7-10 yards as the highest point on the V is 20 yards. Shooting the 220 FPS insert actual speed 225 FPS.

I sorta cheat and use the hash marks as a reference but I hold a touch lower for in close shots.

I’ve been putting where I want to hit at the inside top of the outside circle of the insert and getting good results…if that makes any sense…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use the hash marks, I typically run my 20 yard mark at the bottom line of the deer where the brown and white hair meet when shooting under 15 yds. Practice with your set up and see what works for you.

I use the top of the stadia arcs, where they hit the insert ring, as my 10 yd reference. I tested it at distance and every weight arrow I have, it works every time with the correct speed insert. The ring for every speed has the same 20 yd mark, so in theory, shooting 20 yards or less, it doesn't matter what insert you use if you zero on the 20 mark and don't shoot beyond that.

I'm using the 200 fps insert and I hold on halfway between the 20 yard tick and the top of the sight

Back