• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EZV Set Up Tips

pesqimon

Feels like a few people are going to be trying out the EZV sight this year.

I just put an EZV on my bow after using a single pin HHA for over a year.

I just wanted to share a couple of things I learned the hard way.

If you have a multipin sight, EZV provides a cheat sheet to compare your pin gaps and match it to the correct insert. If you have a single pin, it is a bit more of a hassle. I was able to measure the speed of my set up, and that led me right to the correct insert. If you don't have access to a chronograph, I found that this estimator was close enough.

The EZV can be mounted in two locations: closer or farther from riser. I first put it in the closer spot. At this point I didn't know my speed and was just fumbling around. After I had my speed, I moved the sight to the farther position and used the insert for my speed. Things just seemed to work from there so I haven't looked back.

In @bowhunter15 review he mentions using a 1/4" peep, so I picked one up thinking this might be the ticket. However, after the changes above, my 3/16" peep seems fine. I am actually wondering if a 1/8" peep would be even better. The EZV seems to require great peep/housing alignment for the best shots. At least when I am shooting spots.

So far loving this thing. My shooting has not degraded, but now I have a cleaner sight picture, the benefits of a multipin and the thing seems unbreakable.

Still lots of shooting to do with it. More 3D. More distances. Shooting from height.

Anyone else have something to share about setting up the EZV?

I loved shooting my ezv but i took it off when i went to the mountain ops challenge because I was shooting very long distances and past 70 yards it doesnt do much. Never got around to putting it back on but I love the simplicity and groups I had with that thing!

Oh another thing...

If you watch the DIY Sportsman review, you will see the EZV in his video has the insert on the back of the housing (towards the bow). In the video he mentions that he is using a sight that Ranch Fairy lent him.

When I got my EZV I was confused, but it seems the new sights now use the insert on the front (towards the target).

Also, those inserts are tough to get out! or I have wimpy hands... but those markings really dig in when you're trying to push the insert out!

I don't use a peep with my current 5 pin. Could the EZV be shot effectively with no peep?

I heard about this a year or two ago and I've wanted to try it. I may pull the trigger this year..

I don't use a peep with my current 5 pin. Could the EZV be shot effectively with no peep?

As mentioned, check out Ranch Fairy’s ESV reviews on YouTube. He shoots peepless. Someone also mentioned using a 1/8” peep for greater accuracy, but the smaller the peep, the more issues you will have with target acquisition in low light conditions. That’s why Troy aka Ranch Fairy uses a kisser instead of a peep.

That is exactly why I don't use a peep. IF you think about it in a logical sense they are terrible for hunting situations: blockage of target, limited light transmission, obstruction of peripheral vision, possible rotation issues; they just are not for me. If you like them by all means go ahead. I watched part of one of Troy's videos on it once but didn't have time to watch it all. I will revisit those in depth.

I am curious about going peepless, though for now I will stick with peep while I get more familiar with EZV. Baby steps sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious about going peepless, though for now I will stick with peep while I get more familiar with EZV. Baby steps sort of thing.

Yeah I wouldn't change all that up at once. Get adjusted to EZV then pull the peep

U could go ahead and throw on a kisser button and keep your peep. Then when u get comfortable and confident, pull the peep! I need to take my own advice!

U could go ahead and throw on a kisser button and keep your peep. Then when u get comfortable and confident, pull the peep! I need to take my own advice!
I had a kisser button on for a while, along with a peep and my single pin sight. Didn't like it. I felt like the kisser and the peep were fighting each other.

I can see value in the kisser if I don't have a peep though!

Very interested in EZV. Watched videos on it and I'm very excited.

Would like to ditch my peep also. Can't stand it's impact on last 5 minutes which is mostly when I see deer. Also don't like worrying about its rotation/alignment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I used something a while back from Timbrrline called a "No Peep". It really was great for making sure you were in proper alignment each shot. I'm not sure if its still available, but I did find it listed on a site with some info. No Peep

Sounds like the same thing IQ sights have, which they call "Retina Lock". Never used one but heard good things...
1548368351680.png

I have a Timberline no peep but have been using a Bow Anchor sight in conjunction with EZV and it is pretty slick. I am kind bias towards the B.A.S. as I have been using one since Lynn came out with them. Peep guys think you can't be as accurate but it's all about repeatable form just look at Olympic recurve archers shooting 70-90 meters. The anchor sight also tells you much more than a peep as far as torque and being in correct alignment for those goofy shots that we get so often.

I definitely want to get the EZV this year and give it a shot, actually very excited about it! I am also digging on the idea of ditching the peep. Mine keeps getting twisted on me, and its really annoying.

Back