• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fake chew - Quitting Tobacco

DaWiz9578

Time to kick the habit...again. Quit about 4 years ago for 2 years then got back on the wagon. Need to kick it for good this time. I've tried the coffee pouches and Jake's mint chew. Coffee wasn't bad but cant do the mint stuff just doesnt pack right. In the end I know I'll need to just kick it completely...first time around just went cold turkey from over a can a day. Just wondering if someone has found a supplement that is fairly close to the real thing. To get me in the right direction.

Was debating on posting this in scent control

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I’ve been using Zyn for around 6 months. It’s nicotine without the tobacco. It definitely gives you a good buzz! Comes in 6mg and 3mg pouches, so you can wean yourself off. I know some guys just can’t do pouches, so it might not be for everybody, but it got me off tobacco. Now I just have to kick the nic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you. Need to quit again. I've tried BaccOff and Smokey Mountain. Smokey mountain flavors were pretty good but it's made from corn silks and molasses and was a mess. BaccOff rough cut was actually about the right consistency and pack but was only offered in Wintergreen at the time which I cant stand. Looks like they have a few new products I need to try. Good luck kicking it.

Smokey mountain worked for me. Dipped for 20+ years with a few quits along the way. Finally kicked the habit after switching to Smokey mountain. SM has no nicotine or tabacco in it. I found it in the sheets gas stations. Its basicly something to fill the void. Im sure you dont really get anything from the real dip anymore as i didn't either. It was just a habit more then anything. I'm off the fake stuff now as well. It is really hard but it's doable. Hang in there.

Yeah i picked up a can of Zyn at the gas station here. Pretty disappointed in the contents once I opened it up. I dont think I'm as much into the nicotine necessarily as I am the habit of having a chomp and spitter. I do grizzly wintergreen pouches now. Always preferred long cut but man it would shred my cheeks after a while. Might try the smokey mountain wintergreen for starters. What the hell. Thanks everyone. Time to saddle up.

1. Sign up at https://ktcforum.org/index.php#c2 (forum for quitters)
2. Flush dip down toilet
3. Pledge to all the folks in your quit group (month based) that you won't dip today.
4. Repeat daily.

This worked for me. I dipped for about 18 years and I'm 798 days nicotine free. Please pm if you need anything at all @DaWiz9578

The above website is the saddle hunter equivalent of "killing the can" its a great wealth of knowledge and tons of support. I'll be happy to quit with you today.

PS- honestly Jake's mint chew is the closest thing I could find.

2. Flush dip down toilet
3. Pledge to all the folks in your quit group (month based) that you won't dip today.
4. Repeat daily.

This worked for me. I dipped for about 18 years and I'm 798 days nicotine free. Please pm if you need anything at all @DaWiz9578

The above website is the saddle hunter equivalent of "killing the can" its a great wealth of knowledge and tons of support. I'll be happy to quit with you today.

Appreciate it. I'll give it a whirl and get a hold of you if my own route doesnt cut it.

Ended up getting some baccoff rough cut. Pretty good price on amazon. Start with with that and see how it works. Then maybe smokey mountain or just back to cold turkey. I think that's what I did last time is I got tired of spending money on fake stuff and just quit it all.

2. Flush dip down toilet
4. Repeat daily.

Why aren't more forums on tapatalk?

Time to kick the habit...again. Quit about 4 years ago for 2 years then got back on the wagon. Need to kick it for good this time. I've tried the coffee pouches and Jake's mint chew. Coffee wasn't bad but cant do the mint stuff just doesnt pack right. In the end I know I'll need to just kick it completely...first time around just went cold turkey from over a can a day. Just wondering if someone has found a supplement that is fairly close to the real thing. To get me in the right direction.

Was debating on posting this in scent control

I got hurt pretty bad 3 years ago at work . I was life flighted to the hospital. I chewed for over thirty years but the day I got hurt was the last day I chewed. Just quit that's the only way I could do it . I tried all the fake chew, flavored toothpicks, gum and nothing worked except going cold turkey. Been good for over 3 years. Good luck and don't give up.

I dipped off and on for 30 years. I switched to Nicorette gum and it took me two years to get off of that stuff. I spent more money on the gum than I ever did on Copenhagen. I also got a three day hospital visit in when I put myself in a fib due to chewing 20 pieces of 4mg gum in one day.
I’m happy to say that I have been nicotine and tobacco free for almost three years.
Quitting is hard, but you can do it.

I quit in October. Three months later I only really crave once or twice a day. For a couple months I only had strong cravings when I moved my mouth, after meals or otherwise breathed.

I dipped off and on for 30 years. I switched to Nicorette gum and it took me two years to get off of that stuff. I spent more money on the gum than I ever did on Copenhagen. I also got a three day hospital visit in when I put myself in a fib due to chewing 20 pieces of 4mg gum in one day.
I’m happy to say that I have been nicotine and tobacco free for almost three years.
Quitting is hard, but you can do it.

I guess Nicorette is better than dip or cigarettes, but it’s also the devil... tastes good, great buzz, can do it anytime (at work, etc). I have to avoid bc if I’m exposed to it I’ll chomp through a box a day.

My dad chewed for 42 years quit the day my mom had a heart attack and she quit smoking. I didn’t start chewing until I was in college, 12 years later I quit for a few months then started a new job. The guy I was in training with had my brand and I started back up. Started getting bad heartburn every time I put a chew in and finally decided it was time to go cold turkey. This past October was a year. I’ve had one chew since I quit, a night I was out boozing with my friends. Only time I’ve really craved it was when doing field/tractor work at the farm. It’s a tough habit but u can do it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back