• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fancier hillbilly hydrographic

Mydipkit is a good one or southern hydrographics. Stay away from camo dip kit
I've used several from mydipkits/ezdipkits. Prep and a few good topcoats of clear really helps it last. I've had these projects chip when I've rushed on 'em.

Lately I've been buying quality spray paint and just doing the 5 gal bucket and water swirl camo.

White base coat. Some kits will recommend base coats or u can pick it

Yup, I've done quite a bit of hydrographics. (race car and boat parts, guns, yeti tumblers, etc)

I think a beige-ish basecoat would make it real close to Vias. I'm a kuiu guy so I want to try that film now with a few different base colors. I've heard bad things about the actual licensed Kuiu film (old stock, crumbly and dry, won't hydrate right, finicky)

I've used several from mydipkits/ezdipkits. Prep and a few good topcoats of clear really helps it last. I've had these projects chip when I've rushed on 'em.

Lately I've been buying quality spray paint and just doing the 5 gal bucket and water swirl camo.

Got any pics of the bucket camo completed?

I’ve done climbing sticks and an x bow stock in swirl camo super easy to do

First picture of the AR-15 is a kit and I did get some chipping more than likely due to normal wear and tear and lack of surface prep. Subsequent pics are an attempt to get close to Natgear with a spray paint bucket job.

20210212_105952.jpg

20210212_105913.jpg

20210212_105840.jpg

20210212_105803.jpg

20210212_105552.jpg

Back