• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fanny pack instead of dump pouches

Ehlusive

Whats everyone using? I have a turkey fancy pouch and I like the all pockets just they aren't quite sizing I would like of a few. Has magnets and zippers which is fine but few pockets has velcro which I have no idea how to keep quite except very slowly undoing it. Any Fanny packs that are working for you guys. I'm thinking eliminating the dumps from saddle and going only Fanny. I also on stick so I had repelling gear I would store in it. Not looking for anything like BL monster.. something very small. Thanks

I have this one and it would work for you. Plus it has molle like most saddles for you to attach whatever you want to it as well.

I haven’t tried one for saddle hunting but now you have me thinking about trying it. It should fit right in between your hips and under the bridge. Both hand accessible standing or leaning.

This will be my first year saddle hunting, and in previous years I won't go into the woods without my Sitka incinerator hand muff which goes around your waist like a fanny pack. I have brought it up into the tree with me with the saddle a few times to test it, and it definitely requires a little bit of fidgeting to get it comfortable, but it does work. I think it's just too large to fit in between the bridge though, so I would make sure to get a smaller pack if you are going that route.

Dump pouches that stick off your hips make no sense to me. Ones on back of saddle inside your profile would work the same as a Fanny pack. Fanny pack added bonus of being able to rotate to front, or to be removed and hung in tree.

if I were inclined to use something to these ends, it would be a Fanny pack.

plus, you can wear them in public to embarrass friends and family, and make strangers nervous. I guess you could do the same with dump pouches though…

Whats everyone using? I have a turkey fancy pouch and I like the all pockets just they aren't quite sizing I would like of a few. Has magnets and zippers which is fine but few pockets has velcro which I have no idea how to keep quite except very slowly undoing it. Any Fanny packs that are working for you guys. I'm thinking eliminating the dumps from saddle and going only Fanny. I also on stick so I had repelling gear I would store in it. Not looking for anything like BL monster.. something very small. Thanks
I've got a fanny pack for sale if interested. Cabelas whitetail deluxe.

Back