• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite Ridge Runner Mod

Hunter260

What mods are you doing to the ridge runner? I just learned the hard way a mod I need to make. Going to be tying that strap on with a zip tie...
04C8CEE9-AFA4-4C77-A86F-4937868FFB0E.jpeg

The zip tie is the only thing I have done to mine. I'm very pleased with the ridge runner the way it came.

I tried zip tie a few times...I found it broke. Using 2 castration bands criss crossed currently and that works great... has give to let straps move. That and stealth strips. Had extra pieces left over from my DIY stick project. Everything is better stealth stripped!! Even the beast sticks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200106-194112_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106-194112_Gallery.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Screenshot_20200106-194134_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106-194134_Gallery.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_20200106-194140_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106-194140_Gallery.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 255
Would it make more sense to secure the buckle or free loop side of the strap with a tie you guys think?

Last edited:
I have a Podium but it applies to RR. I recomend the castration band over the zip tie. Not only will they not snap, but you have the option of switching the side each loop is on on the fly. Most of the time, I’ll use the buckle on my right but situationally it can be better on my left.

I should stealth strip my Podium though.

I epoxied a piece of hard rubber to the bolt head and where it makes contact with the platform. I’m thinking about eliminating the bolt and bolting a piece of hardwood to the platform to make it level. There is not enough play in the bolt to make a big difference for me.

only thing I've done to mine is wrapped some shock cord in a constrictor knot to keep one eye on the button and a sponge paint job

I was having the same problem issue, will have to try the bands / and zip ties. Thanks for the info!!
I will also try a stretch string holding the zip tie or bands next to the bolt head

I think there are few other reputable websites that can get non-cowboys/farmers so interested in castration bands that it becomes a regularly accepted topic of discussion.

Speaking of... are there any sources that dont require you to buy 100+ at a time?

DanO should send free castration bands with every purchase. Hahahah

Honestly though, once you get the bag of 100 you find plenty of uses for them. If you really don’t want to buy the bag, I can probably spare a few. PM if so.

If you stick with the factory strap, the castration band is great. I tried a whoopie sling and it works well for attaching and adjusting the tightness, but it is also more difficult and too fiddly to remove for me (same experience in WE steps btw). I used a 7/64 Amsteel daisy chain with mine and have no need to try anything else. It works perfect every time for me. I am sure a T mini strap would also work just as well. The only other mod for me was adding a small piece of gorilla tape where the adjustment button makes contact, but that is not really necessary.

Back