• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finally here

Hoythunter1861

Finally got the "ship" notification on my Mantis! Super excited to try this form of hunting out for my first time! Biggest excitement is loss of weight with hunting public land.
Any pointers anyone has would be awesome!

Find a tree and get some hang time. Be familiar with saddle, climbing system and any accessories you plan to use. After that be safe and good luck!

Read a lot of the new user section, learn to use the search function. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, but remember many of them have been addressed. Stay low & get dialed in, before getting to hunting height. Wear your mantis way below your belt line w/ leg straps loose , tether at chin to forehead height ( good starting point). Saddle shape is a real thing (esp in a minimalist saddle) give everything a chance. If you really struggle with comfort, take pictures first & post with your questions. Last but not least see if you can find someone in your area ( that’s got a couple saddle seasons under their belt, only say that b/c there are so many new guys that you want someone to help troubleshoot w/you) plus you may get some hands on pointers. @donnieballgame had a great new guy resource, start your search there.

Finally got the "ship" notification on my Mantis! Super excited to try this form of hunting out for my first time! Biggest excitement is loss of weight with hunting public land.
Any pointers anyone has would be awesome!
I'll be a Mantis user too. Lightweight was the driving force for me wanting to get into a saddle. How long did it take for yours to ship? I'm still waiting on mine. Hope you have a great time this season!

I'll be a Mantis user too. Lightweight was the driving force for me wanting to get into a saddle. How long did it take for yours to ship? I'm still waiting on mine. Hope you have a great time this season!

Ordered sept 9th and it’ll be here oct 7 so exactly 4 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back