• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First climb. Ever

Spence71

Sitting at the desk today. I’ve been not feeling great the past few days. Just head cold. Anyway, was supposed to take my son out hunting today but for some reason he wasn’t into it and I wasn’t arguing. Not feeling a little like poo and hunting in the upper 70’s....

Anyway was sitting there and he came up and asked if I’d show him how to climb a tree.

What? Yes. Let me get my gear. See the deal is he’s 13. Big and goofy. And deathly afraid of heights. Like 4’ and he gets nervous.

He got up and down on 1 Hawk and the platform. Then went for 2 sticks. Was a little nervous up there. But being 10ish ft up there and having for the first time. Huge day. So proud of him. Glad I didn’t sell my mantis now.

ee5ab0bc3c957cff7f44efce54b497d2.jpg

Told him if nothing else to make sure the gates were closed on the biners else he’d hear about it if I posted a pic. Hahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was also insanely afraid of heights when I started climbing trees to hunt. Took me a good season and a half to get used to it and now I’m good to go, at least for the heights I’m comfortable hunting at. Good for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Very proud of him. Crocs and all.

Good for both of you and glad you made good use of a bad hunting day! He needs to come wiith you to the next Carolinas event this spring.

As to the heat today, I refuse to hunt just to say I did, so I took my dog for a stroll on the river walk. Nothing says deer hunting like sweating while wearing shorts and t-shirt and seeing 2 black snakes sunning beside the trail. It's almost frigging December and we still have not had many cold mornings.

That’s awesome good job!! I’m 43 been hunting all my life and I’m still scared of heights once I pass 10 feet the ol butt starts to pucker and I have to force my self every inch after that once I get to hunting height and set up I’m good to go, till I have to get down lol. My saddle will be here Tuesday I have everything else I need so hoping to be in it before the end of season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting at the desk today. I’ve been not feeling great the past few days. Just head cold. Anyway, was supposed to take my son out hunting today but for some reason he wasn’t into it and I wasn’t arguing. Not feeling a little like poo and hunting in the upper 70’s....

Anyway was sitting there and he came up and asked if I’d show him how to climb a tree.

What? Yes. Let me get my gear. See the deal is he’s 13. Big and goofy. And deathly afraid of heights. Like 4’ and he gets nervous.

He got up and down on 1 Hawk and the platform. Then went for 2 sticks. Was a little nervous up there. But being 10ish ft up there and having for the first time. Huge day. So proud of him. Glad I didn’t sell my mantis now.

ee5ab0bc3c957cff7f44efce54b497d2.jpg

Told him if nothing else to make sure the gates were closed on the biners else he’d hear about it if I posted a pic. Hahahaha.

Awesome story...thanks for sharing the pics and experience...the crocs are awesome!

Back