• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Deer from a Saddle

FLNYhntr

Went up to NY this past weekend to partake in the early doe hunt with my dad. About 40 minutes into my first hunt from a saddle, and about 20 minutes into the season, I had one come in about 35 yards and I smoked her with the bow. Later that night I got another adult doe with the bow from the saddle at about 12 yards. I'm liking this type of hunting for sure. Now to try it out this weekend in FL.

You must post pictures as proof! Kidding, congratulations!!

Co
Went up to NY this past weekend to partake in the early doe hunt with my dad. About 40 minutes into my first hunt from a saddle, and about 20 minutes into the season, I had one come in about 35 yards and I smoked her with the bow. Later that night I got another adult doe with the bow from the saddle at about 12 yards. I'm liking this type of hunting for sure. Now to try it out this weekend in FL.
Congrats on the doe… where about in Florida will you be hunting

Welcome from WNY! The state did open up some early season doe only hunts this year. Glad to hear somebody is utilizing the resource.

Congrats on the deer, saddle successes, and best of all good times hunting with Dad!

I'm not a huge fan of the DEC allowing firearms hunting in some zones before archery season starts, but stories like yours take the stink off a regulation I don't care for and pump me up for the regular archery season opener OCT1.

Hope you'll be back for more NY hunts and have more successes to share.

Welcome from WNY! The state did open up some early season doe only hunts this year. Glad to hear somebody is utilizing the resource.
Certain zones? Or just specific areas of NY. Curious, havent heard much about it, wish I wouldve know earlier.lol

Congrats on the deer, saddle successes, and best of all good times hunting with Dad!

I'm not a huge fan of the DEC allowing firearms hunting in some zones before archery season starts, but stories like yours take the stink off a regulation I don't care for and pump me up for the regular archery season opener OCT1.

Hope you'll be back for more NY hunts and have more successes to share.
My son and I will be back in Nov for crossbow season- he uses a CB ill still use my bow.

Back