• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First deer from the JX3 Hybrid

parkersdad

Not my biggest by far but it has been a tough year. This was killed on public land this morning in North Carolina
fac1b18997defdf96dec65690e407042.jpg
df799aa4c279b71361922218b3ea2fdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not my biggest by far but it has been a tough year. This was killed on public land this morning in North Carolina
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191126/fac1b18997defdf96dec65690e407042.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191126/df799aa4c279b71361922218b3ea2fdb.jpg
Inquiring minds want to know climbing method ? Platform ? General likes and dislikes. THANX

I was sitting a ridge that did not have a ton of sign the day before but enough to peak my interest. I saw 17 doe yesterday Monday November 25th. I thought to myself that is all of the sign I need. I came back this morning and it got to be 10:00 and I had not seen a deer. I was a little discouraged but I never come out of the woods before noon. At 10:20 I heard footsteps behind me and then saw legs. I then saw antlers and began to get ready. He came in on my weak side grunting with his head down so I swiveled around the tree and popped him at 16 yards. He was down in under 100 yards. I was shooting a grim reaper 13/8 at 60 pounds

Thanks guys. It was a memorable hunt for sure

Congrats. I haven’t actually hunted out of mine this year. My son Is using it some. Super comfortable and he feels safer in something rigid.

How in the heck could even shoot it out of that thing?! They’re only good for gun hunting! Hahaha nice deer man!

Give us a story when you can!
While it is easier to bow hunt from something like a mantis, you can definitely bow hunt from the jx3 all day long. Once you are at hunting height you slide out of the shoulder straps allowing you to have a lot more room to shoot.

Not to hijack your post parkersdad. Today was my very first real hunt with my jx3. I work nights and don't get off until 7 a.m so I can't get in the woods before the sun comes up. I've learned to take my time moving through the woods and I start bumping deer right and left. None of them ever blew at me so I quickly decide that if I climb a tree, I'm going to get busted. So I crawl up to a small hill that over looks a bottom and set my jx3 on a small tree at ground level just high enough to take my feet off the ground. A half hour later a nice doe comes by and my 35 whelen makes quick work of her. There is no way I could have set up any traditional treestand like this. Even if I still had my mantis, I would have needed to put my platform on the tree so she didn't hear me sliding around the tree on the leaves. This jx3 is second to none.

Congrats. Doesn't matter how big or small a buck is as long as your happy with it that's all that matters. I think sometimes guys get caught up in the monster buck thing. What matters most to me is the memories I have of the hunt.

Last edited:
Back