• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First deer from the saddle

Luke30124

Finally got my first deer out the saddle on thanksgiving. I jumped on the mantis bandwagon last year but only ended up hunting out of it a few times. Been seeing a lot of deer but none that I wanted to shoot. Finally saw one of the biggest bucks I’ve ever seen from the stand but unfortunately could not get him in close enough, luckily however he chased off this guy right towards me. I couldn’t get him to stop till after he ran right underneath my tree and he took a right and gave me a strong side quitting away shot. He started to walk just as I released so my shot was a little further back than I wanted, but was able to clip one lung and tracked him down after giving him some time. I would love to have the big boy, but I’m extremely happy with this one, and I really believe that if I were in my old climber this shot would have been much harder and I may not have gotten a chance.
dcb79534bd66eb2e2dc675c4ee25988f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back