• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Nice Buck Located

He's looking right at the camera...yikes:eek:
Would love to get a velvet buck on one of mine...says the worst deer camera guy on the planet.

He's looking right at the camera...yikes:eek:
Would love to get a velvet buck on one of mine...says the worst deer camera guy on the planet.
It's never to late in the summer to generate good buck photos...without a buck prof source..its hunting blind...try water sources and transition zones...

Nice! I love this time of year. I can’t wait to go pull mine tomorrow...

Awesome looking bucks fellas!

Quick newb question: this will be my first season hunting public (before was private only and it was easier to know what was going on at the property). Do you all try locate bucks on camera first without the use of mineral sites? Or do you go ahead and put down a mineral block for assistance? My thinking was that if I locate a nice buck WITHOUT the mineral site; then I know he already frequents that area. Then I can throw down a mineral block to get clearer pics of him and see him develop. Does that question make sense?

Here is the buck I found so far. He's hustling through, but you can see his rack is already outside the ears (still not as big as Gator's buck though).SYEW1292.jpg

Quick newb question: this will be my first season hunting public (before was private only and it was easier to know what was going on at the property). Do you all try locate bucks on camera first without the use of mineral sites? Or do you go ahead and put down a mineral block for assistance? My thinking was that if I locate a nice buck WITHOUT the mineral site; then I know he already frequents that area. Then I can throw down a mineral block to get clearer pics of him and see him develop. Does that question make sense?

Here is the buck I found so far. He's hustling through, but you can see his rack is already outside the ears (still not as big as Gator's buck though).View attachment 13122
Hes most likely a resident buck, but mineral licks draw more deer for the camera. This is the fun part of the season - finding bucks you want to target
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

@Silvio You think it worth tossing mineral block in this spot? Right now its just capturing natural movement over a heavy trail crossing.

Yes, if anything else you'll provide some trace minerals that might be lacking in their natural brose. Sometimes it really provides enhanced antler deveolopment... I have a mineral protocol that works every year and two yr olds look pretty impressive. I'm not promoting any product but I prefer Trophy Rock in the rock form...its a lick rather than mixing it with the dirt and the deer eating that...just never felt good to me
@Silvio You think it worth tossing mineral block in this spot? Right now its just capturing natural movement over a heavy trail crossing.

This was on June 17 I thought it was just a spike at first but looks like he’s got good mass
3de5bc0d86fb5f0b23d30ab6b1137555.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What public land are you hunting? Fed, state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the buck I found so far. He's hustling through, but you can see his rack is already outside the ears (still not as big as Gator's buck though).View attachment 13122
In my state it is illegal to feed deer in any way except naturally grown from food plots or planted trees etc. We cannot use mineral licks or anything. It seems lie an overreach but I do credit those policies for no CWD in our state for several years now. We had an incident mid state around the 2003 time frame but nothing since! Thankfully!!!

In my state it is illegal to feed deer in any way except naturally grown from food plots or planted trees etc. We cannot use mineral licks or anything. It seems lie an overreach but I do credit those policies for no CWD in our state for several years now. We had an incident mid state around the 2003 time frame but nothing since! Thankfully!!!
Much to be learned about CWD, however, it shouldnt be used as a scare tactic by State Agency's to control what could be natural in nature. Minerals have been given to livestock for many years without CWD ever becoming a issue. Deer are brose animals and eat more than a variety of plants natural and domestic. If I had to point my finger at its cause it might be pointed at chemicals they tell us are safe but we know they are harmful...lets start there first
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Back