• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle buck kill and it’s a good’n!!!!!!

RRussell

Got in early and had a deer walk by in the darkness but I could see the body.When he walked by my cell cam sent a pic to my phone showing a small 8 point I’ve been seeing at the scrape the cams on and he walked off to the north away from me.About 655 I he’s sticks breaking from a buck bedding area and see a deer walking in the brush,After a few minutes he was walking toward my mock scrape so I was lined up perfect when he took a hard turn and came at me behind tree and brush.I quickly got my crossbow over to shoot lefty and let him have it at 26 yards.He took off like he was electrified and I hear a crash and some gurgling,I decided to wait till 8 to get down and go look for my bolt.At 720 I saw a tail flicker in the brush where he was and then he walked into view it was a big buck so I’m elated because gun season is a week out but then I get to thinking maybe I didn’t hit the buck good? Low and behold I saw a blood spot on the buck a bit far back( liver area ) and my heart sank.I watched him for 3 hours when I watched him tip over dead.I didn’t 100% know he tipped over dead but I thought that’s what I saw so I backed out till 2 and came back with a friend and he hadn’t moved since I last saw him.10 point, Liver and one Kung when I dressed him out. 156 pounds dressed out.Shot him out of my JX3 man oh man I love it!!!!
f2317eeab197eb4c74b62d575482fa05.jpg
7381f9d1dea03711991c13eca00ca0d6.jpg
9f32a154fbe7f68867674b94e4fcc08b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good for you buddy. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back