• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Saddle Harvest

Coachschaller

Finally got it done. It has been a few years since I have taken a deer, but only started archery again two years ago after a long hiatus. A buddy pulled out a nice big buck this morning. This guy came from my backside (5 o'clock) came within ten yards and shot him from behind (7 o'clock). He ran about 95 yards and I heard him crash.
Very excited and thankful, very blessed.

Setting the bar for high for your first saddle kill. Congrats!

Thanks,
The property is large ag and I hunt the edges and the bedding. The saddle helps me have several stands without having to buy multiple stands. I also don't like hunting out of blinds, unless it is really cold, rainy, or windy.

Yeah I hunt private and all we have are box stands. Which are great for young kids and clients, but the saddle allows you to hunt in area that haven't been hunted before. I have multiple shooters just waiting for one to walk out.

Back