• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Saddle Hunt

Coachschaller

Finally got around to hunting out of the saddle. Set up a set of climbing sticks and using the top step and two strap on steps as a platform. Sat for 2.5 hours and saw several deer in the field- almost all were a few hundred yards out. Had one nice shooter come from my 7 O' Clock. Heard him coming so I was ready with my bow. He went too fast and was too far for a quick shot 35-50 yards. So I let him walk.

20211106_172340.jpg

So far so good. I will need to tweak things yet:
Don't wear my wallet in my rear pocket
Don't wear my multitool on my side - it digs into my hip.
Take my figure 8 out of my front pocket.
It is colder. No puffy cushion on my posterior and no chair to break the wind on my back

The thing I like least about my hang on stands (which are really good stands) is the set up and tear down. Even on the Public I hunt in the U.P. can stay up during the week, but needs to be taken down. I am really excited about having all my tools within easy reach and easier set up and tear down.

Look into the JX3. It looks like a chair hanging from a rope. I don't have one but a lot of guy's here like them.

Back