• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle kill

katiesmom

SH Member
I know this isn't a big deal to some, and that's okay. Yesterday I had my first kill in my saddle with my bow, on public. It was a doe, at about 12 yards. I drilled her.

I want to thank those who run this site and those who contribute to it. I had been reading threads for months before I joined. This is a terrific group. There is no question all yall contributed to a successful harvest. Now I have to find the buck making all the fresh scrapes in the area! Thanks again! Good hunting to yall!

Last edited:
Congrats,i know the feeling. My first saddle kill was less than two weeks ago and it is pretty darn exciting. Every bow kill is really,especially when things work out and it is a quick death.

With a bow. From a saddle. Big deal.
Public land real big deal. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a great accomplishment and each bow / saddle deer should build skills and confidence.
Well done!

Back