• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First three kills from my Tethrd Platform

Rugby

Had a great hunt with the Tethrd Platform in late April Tethrd Three.jpgshooting a fallow doe and two bucks in one afternoon sit. We have no bag limits here in New Zealand.
I love the platforms versatility and its ability to hang from almost any tree. The shots were from 13, 21 and 54 yards. The larger buck was chasing a hot doe and was the longest shot.

Congrats! Stellar day I would say.

How hard is it to get on the red stag? I have seen hunting shows where hunters are dropped in by helicopter for them or for tahr.

Are you having a saddlepalooza down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

Tahr hunting areas are often accessed by helicopter given the nature of the terrain they live in.
For the most part its steep country so access by foot takes a while. We don't use horses to access area so the helicopter is the main form of access.
Hunting reds, the big ones, is usually done on game estates where the animals can get some age on them. Our 24/7 hunting season and no bag limits sees most animals shot before they can get enough age to grow good heads.

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

Tahr hunting areas are often accessed by helicopter given the nature of the terrain they live in.
For the most part its steep country so access by foot takes a while. We don't use horses to access area so the helicopter is the main form of access.
Hunting reds, the big ones, is usually done on game estates where the animals can get some age on them. Our 24/7 hunting season and no bag limits sees most animals shot before they can get enough age to grow good heads.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like 24/7 and no bag limits is good for hunting pastime, but not as good for horn hunting for the kiwis.

I really want to take a red stag one day. The company I work for has a team in NZ. Now only how figure out how to get my mgt. to pay for a business trip for me.

Again, congrats!

mmmmmm. I see a lot of backstraps! Awesome hunt. My mouth is watering looking at those pics. Ready for deer season! All i have left from my 3 deer last year is burger haha. Nice buck too.

Back