• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First YT video

Getting started is the hard part. Not just filming but lots of things. I think you did a fine job.

Next week get your palm camera charged up... ;)

This may just be me, but you have about 15-30 seconds of jibber jabber monologuing, maybe a minute if you have extra charisma before I lose interest. The footage and editing is supposed to tell the story. If I wanted to listen to people talk I'll torture myself by listening to a podcast. That's my #1 critique of amateur hunting productions in general so by no means are you alone, but that's my honest two cents and it may not be worth that much!

This may just be me, but you have about 15-30 seconds of jibber jabber monologuing, maybe a minute if you have extra charisma before I lose interest. The footage and editing is supposed to tell the story. If I wanted to listen to people talk I'll torture myself by listening to a podcast. That's my #1 critique of amateur hunting productions in general so by no means are you alone, but that's my honest two cents and it may not be worth that much!
Not to throw mud on CKWilli but if there's 30 seconds of prattle @the start of a YT Vid, I never watch them. I realize we need some pre roll but I didn't click on to listen to "The Edge Of Night." Just watched a YT Vid and about 2/3 of it was endless chatter. Sorry JMO.

Great first start. Nice cause for veterans it sounds like a good cause.

Thanks for the feedback. I realized that it was a pretty poor effort for a first video but I gave it a shot. I’ve deleted the video from YouTube and think I’ll try something different with no monologue. I know there are channels that have set the bar pretty high and I don’t think I’ll ever come close to any of those.

Thanks for the feedback. I realized that it was a pretty poor effort for a first video but I gave it a shot. I’ve deleted the video from YouTube and think I’ll try something different with no monologue. I know there are channels that have set the bar pretty high and I don’t think I’ll ever come close to any of those.
You gotta remember those big channels hunt and scout 7 days a week.
Its mostly their jobs to put deer on the ground. I cant watch most of them just because its like listening to the same thing over and over just different voices.
i admit on some of my stuff i ramble but, its because i want to get a certain point across or make sure the people who are listening get that point.
remember social media does not make you a better hunter.
Time learning whats going on and how the deer are reacting does.

I’d love to get links for your channels. Maybe I can learn something.

Back