• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fixed crawl

SnakeEater

Wondering if anyone shoots using a fixed crawl method for aiming and mainly will cant have a lot of effect on arrow impact with this method?

Fixed crawl, like all stringwalking pretty much necessitates a vertical bow position.

But if one can make it work it is an effective aiming method. The only thing that dissuaded me from pursuing it futher was the noise. I could never make the bow as quiet as when shooting three under, let alone split fingered. But as always, ymmv.

I have tried it, but I have been shooting split finger and a canted bow so long that any attempts to go to 3 under using any technique just feels off and I cant seem to overcome it.

@always89y how much do you cant - past 2 o'clock. How does canting seem to affect how you tune, as in nock point height, etc.
2 o'clock would be my max, but it varies. Nock point is typically 1/8 inch above center-ish, depending on shelf cut and material. For me, its important to have the arrow as close to my hand as possible, a radius cut shelf that is cut at or past center

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back