• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Florida saddle hunter meet up continued:

Which date would you prefer for a saddle hunter meet up and hog hunt in Florida?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fl Canopy Stalker

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Please only vote on this pole if you are interested in attending.
Ok guys after 4 different posts being created on the topic this year and some sparked interest, I am creating a pole so that we can nail down a date for the us Floridians to meet up. I want to stress that this is not being commercialized to sell items to anyone. This event is specifically so that hunters from Florida can network, meet new friends, try different saddles and gear, learn some new climbing or set up techniques, eat, have fun, and then try to shoot a hog! I encourage you to invite would be new saddle hunters from your area and bring as many saddles as you’d like. We will meet up at Lake George WMA during small game season. No quota is required, you will need a hunting license and a WMA permit. Please check the rules pertaining to use of centerfire ammunition (if you are choosing to use a rifle for the hunt). The WMA has camp grounds and so does Volusia county nearby. After we nail down the date, we can make decisions about when the hunt will be (in my experience hunting hog, afternoon/evening hunts yield better success). Looking forward to meeting some of you and putting Florida’s growing saddle hunting community on the map!

Sounds like a great idea. I will attend if I’m not having to work. Im located in lake county. Lk George is only an hour at most away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great idea. I will attend if I’m not having to work. Im located in lake county. Lk George is only an hour at most away.

Vote for a date above and hopefully you can make it

Guess I’m not to good on this forum. Don’t see where the dates are. I’m planning on attending Saddlepallooza in February so my only concern would be if it conflicts with the date set for that event. I don’t think a date has been set yet but it will be on a weekend near Valentine’s Day. I’m good with any other date.

Guess I’m not to good on this forum. Don’t see where the dates are. I’m planning on attending Saddlepallooza in February so my only concern would be if it conflicts with the date set for that event. I don’t think a date has been set yet but it will be on a weekend near Valentine’s Day. I’m good with any other date.

At the top of the page there should be a poll you can vote for which date. I am also intending on being at saddle palooza if it’s set up. So the three dates listed will not interfere with that event.

Jan 15-16
Feb 5-6
Mar 5-6
Are the options listed above

Think January dates would be best. February is ok. March is getting warmer and a little to close to my scouting time for turkeys.

I'd like to make it but will still be chasing deer in the panhandle the Jan and Feb weekends, and unfortunately have plans already for the March dates....wish yall a great time!

I'd like to make it but will still be chasing deer in the panhandle the Jan and Feb weekends, and unfortunately have plans already for the March dates....wish yall a great time!
Yea it’s hard to please everyone with how vastly different our ruts and seasons are throughout the state. If you end up deciding you’d wanna come hang out and shoot a pig instead lol we would love to have ya there

I'm liking the February date as well and I will be camping too. Which campground are you looking to reserve, and will there be lake/river access? I really enjoy hunting from my skiff is my reason.

At the top of the page there should be a poll you can vote for which date. I am also intending on being at saddle palooza if it’s set up. So the three dates listed will not interfere with that event.

Pol only shows on full website. Not Tapatalk.

This would be really cool if it happens. I voted for March date, but I still have to be sure of my schedule before I can actually commit because I travel a bunch for work. FWIW, I will be out of the country during the dates listed in Jan and Feb.

*Those of you who really want others to come may want to post a specific item you have and would be willing to let other folks put their paws on and try, it may inspire those who are lurking on the forum and are currently uncommitted but otherwise have an interest in some item that may be at the event. E.g., if someone were to bring a Barren Ridge Ascent climbing platform it may pique some curiosity... Hahaha

*Those of you who really want others to come may want to post a specific item you have and would be willing to let other folks put their paws on and try, it may inspire those who are lurking on the forum and are currently uncommitted but otherwise have an interest in some item that may be at the event.

I'll have some diy sticks and platforms ill let go for reasonable amount for peeps who are new.... I'll bring the tote with a bunch of pouches and some load bearing vests for cheap for newbies also

I'll have my stuff y'all can look at but it's all diy...

I'll have some heavy field points/foc stuff if anybody wanted to mess with that

Willing to teach u guys the monster munter rappel if anyone is interested in that

This would be really cool if it happens. I voted for March date, but I still have to be sure of my schedule before I can actually commit because I travel a bunch for work. FWIW, I will be out of the country during the dates listed in Jan and Feb.

*Those of you who really want others to come may want to post a specific item you have and would be willing to let other folks put their paws on and try, it may inspire those who are lurking on the forum and are currently uncommitted but otherwise have an interest in some item that may be at the event. E.g., if someone were to bring a Barren Ridge Ascent climbing platform it may pique some curiosity... Hahaha
Conveniently enough I just received one for Christmas and it will be in attendance. I also have a ridge runner, squirrel steps and the hawk monkey bars. My saddle collection is pretty large too thanks in part to the classifieds this year. I think that should people show up, there will be a little something for everyone.

Back