• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

For those of you who Kayak in

Coathanger15

I'm looking for a bow holder recommendation. Either store bought or DIY. How do you get your bow in? I'm looking for a way to mount it in front of me somewhere as my pack takes up my only hatch in back. My sticks are under pack. What have you all been using? A good cell phone mount would be appreciated as well. I sometimes have a maze of tidal creeks to navigate in the dark and having OnX map in front of me, hands free would really pimp outmy ride

Thanks

Some use those handlebar grips.

I didn't want to drill into my kayak so I just ended up using Nite Eyez gear ties wrapped around a bungee that is pre mounted on my front. I wrap the risers top and bottom snug then wrap the ends of the ties up under the lip of the kayak. Holds surprisingly firm. Used 18" ties.

Thanks for that @TNSTAAFL. Nice and simple solution. I would like to keep this as simple as possible though, as I have a strong penchant for recieving Murphys Law. So I would prefer a holder that the bow simply snaps into in a couple places rather than have me banging it against the hull trying to untangle my sight housing from 1/4" shock cord. not to mention that I currently dont have any usable cordage on my kayak.

Has anyone tried or made anything similar to the Kolphin Rhino grip. If so how do you like them.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190927-051440_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-051440_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 25
I'm looking for a bow holder recommendation. Either store bought or DIY. How do you get your bow in? I'm looking for a way to mount it in front of me somewhere as my pack takes up my only hatch in back. My sticks are under pack. What have you all been using? A good cell phone mount would be appreciated as well. I sometimes have a maze of tidal creeks to navigate in the dark and having OnX map in front of me, hands free would really pimp outmy ride

Thanks

This is how I do it

Last edited:
Thanks for that @TNSTAAFL. Nice and simple solution. I would like to keep this as simple as possible though, as I have a strong penchant for recieving Murphys Law. So I would prefer a holder that the bow simply snaps into in a couple places rather than have me banging it against the hull trying to untangle my sight housing from 1/4" shock cord. not to mention that I currently dont have any usable cordage on my kayak.

Has anyone tried or made anything similar to the Kolphin Rhino grip. If so how do you like them.

Thanks again
+1 on the Rhino Grips

I know you aren’t a fan of the shock cord but it works well for me! My kayak has enough in the front and back to strap down my pack(has all the saddle gear in it) and bow and extra clothes. Just practice in day time and get a system down that’s repeatable come time to do it in the dark. Trying anything for the first time in the dark is gonna be hard

Back