• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fried Squirrel Legs

Hall17

February is one of those months where if we get a nice 50 degree day you better believe I am headed out for some Squirrel hunting and deer scouting. Today was just that. Dropped the kiddo off at daycare and up in the saddle I went. Took the .22 mag which is my go to and saw plenty. Shot 3 but could only find 2 in the thick brush I was hunting. I remember as a kid my dad making Squirrel legs and them being tougher than all get out. Then I realized in my 30's he wasn't cooking them long enough. You find that perfect fry temp and they are fall of the bone chicken wing good! My go to sauce is Sweet Baby Rays with lime juice and Chalula hot sauce all mixed together. 1.jpg12.jpg

Back