• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Galaxy Ember

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
If you guys havent already, you have to check out the Galaxy Ember (https://www.lancasterarchery.com/galaxy-ember-60-takedown-recurve-bow.html). Excellent little budget recurve. Shoots and handles very well. Tough as nails too! Ive been super impressed with it. I ended up buying the longbow version, then picked up 2 sets of recurve limbs in 45 and 55#. Its made by the same folks that make the Black Hunter. Theres a video out there somewhere of fellas just beating this thing up and still shooting it.

Why y’all got to post stuff like this haha just when I think, hey I’ll build another rifle... now I might have to get a whole recurve set up and get my trad on

Sent from parts unknown

That is crazy sick tough. Like I said the other day Jerry looks like another back up bow for me!!

I’ve owned bows that cost 1300 bucks and I owned a black hunter longbow that’s similar to the ember

mine was from twig archery with bamboo limbs

for the money it’s prob the best bow period it shot lights out

Surprisingly good shooter. I got one last year and could hardly put it down. I have a set of 30 and 40 pound limbs and les than $200 in it. The string totally sucked and the bow was obviously mass produced but it definitely performs.

When I was at lancasters archery a few days back I got to play with a ember long bow and it was real nice I would have bought it then but didn’t have the weight I wanted and the recurve limbs in the floor room store so I will order both sets on line. Good bow for the price

Saw the black hunter version on amazon for $119 shipped jump on it as they are a sweet budget bow and I feel a lot better than the galaxy sage bows

Questions for you guys that have shot the Back Hunter. We are talking about the Obert Black Hunter, correct? How do you think it will handle a 30" draw? Will it start stacking any, still shoot okay? Or do you think that draw will be pushing the limits of that bow? I was looking at them on Amazon and most of the listings I found are a 58" bow, I did find one 60" version that cost a little more. I am hesitant to recommend it for a friend who wants to get into archery because he has a 30" draw and it is a short bow. Thoughts?

At that length of bow it will definitely start to stack but is manageable I would get the 60” and no looking back

My draw is a hair over 29 inches. I shoot the ember longbow and I love that thing. They're not all the same. I don't know about Obert, but some of them are not true diamond wood risers and have had cracking issues. I opted to pay a little more and get the ember from Lancaster just to ensure I got a good bow and would have a good contact point if I needed it. I called a few different places asked about them as well, I was told they are fine with minimal stacking to 32 inches.

Back