• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Game Plan Bow Bat XL: Any experience with it?

LASOutdoorsmen

I'm just acquired a Bow Bat XL in a trade. If you are you using one or have used one in the past can you please share your experience with it?

Re: Game Plan Bow Bat XL: Any experience with it?

np

I tried one for a season then sold it. It gets heavy. Its like pulling up your bow and backpack at the same time. Yeah, sometimes I take to much junk in my backpack, lol. Still it wasn't for me. I also noticed my string wear increased due to the way the bow bat wraps around your string and rubs while walking. Might not be a problem if you don't have to go far to your stand. Its made tough though and a quality gear option. Just didn't fit my style. The guy I sold it to sold it soon after he bought it from me. lol

swampsnyper said:
I tried one for a season then sold it. It gets heavy. Its like pulling up your bow and backpack at the same time. Yeah, sometimes I take to much junk in my backpack, lol. Still it wasn't for me. I also noticed my string wear increased due to the way the bow bat wraps around your string and rubs while walking. Might not be a problem if you don't have to go far to your stand. Its made tough though and a quality gear option. Just didn't fit my style. The guy I sold it to sold it soon after he bought it from me. lol
I'll keep a look out for string wear. Thanks

I have one used it once was awkward as i had climber on my back.

I am keeping it and plan on using it if I get a saddle. If I didn't have to carry a stand it would be better for me.

Not that high quality stitching etc. But it's cheap and you get what you pay for

Worth $50 imo

I like it. With the web, or any saddle type stand, after hook up to tree, you have everything within reach with very little movement.
After complete set up, (platform steps, bow hanger), I screw n another hanger to hang the bat. Pull up bat, sit it n my lap, remove bow and hang bow on hanger. Take quiver, connect to bow. Hang bat on hanger then apply bat to tree. Remove quiver from bow and hang on the same hanger bat is hanging from. Everything is ready to hunt.
In the bat, I have my release, binos, water, snacks, calls, rattling bag, and range finder all within reach.
No more heavier than pulling a bow and back pack up at same time.
Oh, I keep a rope in the outside pocket, easy to get to. This rope will attach to bat and my guido's web to pull bat up when at height I want to hunt.
Just remember to use a good rope because the more you add to bat, the heavier.
I don't have any wear on bow string.

I put 4 climbing sticks in my bowbat pack and just carry my bow. so far so good

Back