• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gator from a Saddle!

shwacker

Not really... but thought I’d show you boys what we do in Florida this time of year if not bowhunting!

Killed him this morning. 10.5 with a bobtail. Would have been close to 11.5

f549479fb820d8cc397734184f8ede62.jpg
e951395340afe7ba0482a79d9d908bc1.jpg
ca3198452f0ef8e9e5b6e4871009bc15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job. I'm jealous. I've had gator meat once and it tasted really good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It’s definitely unique, but good. I love it. We’ll be eating po’ boys soon!

Congratulations, that’s a good gator! I live in Louisiana so we see gators almost all year but not too many swamp lizards that break that 11’ mark.

Congratulations, that’s a good gator! I live in Louisiana so we see gators almost all year but not too many swamp lizards that break that 11’ mark.

Yeah, I think y’all and us have the highest numbers of gators, and FL kills a good handful of 13s each year, I’ve killed a 12. But not many over that, prob due to the hunting pressure. But man, Alabama got that monster world record and Georgia just set a new state record that’s I think is bigger than FL’s state record.

They can be some frustrating creatures to hunt, especially the way we have to do it here. But it’s fun!

I killed one in GA when they first opened their season. Enjoyed it, but not something I’ve ever wanted to do again. The meat tasted ok to me, but not something I’d go out of my way to get so I’ve never gone again in GA or S.C.

Yeah, I think y’all and us have the highest numbers of gators, and FL kills a good handful of 13s each year, I’ve killed a 12. But not many over that, prob due to the hunting pressure. But man, Alabama got that monster world record and Georgia just set a new state record that’s I think is bigger than FL’s state record.

They can be some frustrating creatures to hunt, especially the way we have to do it here. But it’s fun!

There are big gators all over. I agree Florida and Louisiana probably have the largest population. I hunted Florida with a friend a few years ago Snagging gators on a fishing rod then killing them with a bang stick was a different experience. There are a some 12’- 13’ gators killed during the season here in south Louisiana. I’ve only seen 3 in 30 yrs that size alive. Mississippi has produced some really large gators in the last few seasons, the pics show up in the La Sportsman, but they don’t have the numbers like Fl and La.

Big Gators down here on Lake Seminole and on Lake Eufaula.Also Big hunting pressure because of it when the season is in.

Yeah, I know lake eufala has some monsters. Used to deer hunt out there and my buddy found a skull in a ditch that he crossed going to his stand. If you do the eye to snout measurement he was 16 inches, so possibly 16ft! I know, I know, that would be a record, I ain’t one of those guys to just BS about “oh I saw this monster”... it was legit the biggest head I’ve ever seen, and it had a weird underbite so it’s bottom jaw was even longer. Anyways, def some absolute monsters down there! And right by we’re we hunted out there is where that new GA record just got killed

Last edited:
Nice one

I have some gator tags burning a hole in my pocket right now

Gotta make time to get out on the water and get some

I hate those things. We have them on our farm in eastern NC near Wilmington and they are a threat to our dog retrieving ducks during the Fall Duck (Teal) season.

I hate those things. We have them on our farm in eastern NC near Wilmington and they are a threat to our dog retrieving ducks during the Fall Duck (Teal) season.

I’m sure NC has a nuisance gator tag that can be issued. But if it’s your private land then don’t ask don’t tell...

Back