• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear hanger for cheap

I used one of these for a couple hunts, it’s an acceptable option for the price. The hooks are plastic and not very durable, I had a couple break between hunts while moving gear around. They don’t pack down great and the plastic is a little noisey but your only out a couple bucks if it doesn’t suit your needs.

I’ve got the same one. I like it. I plan to add a bow hanger to it this fall. You really don’t need all of the hooks but they are nice to have when adding and removing layers. They pack down decent if you grab one hook and wrap the strap until you get to the next hook and orient it to stack on the other hook in the same direction. It only takes a few seconds.

I’ve got the same one. I like it. I plan to add a bow hanger to it this fall. You really don’t need all of the hooks but they are nice to have when adding and removing layers. They pack down decent if you grab one hook and wrap the strap until you get to the next hook and orient it to stack on the other hook in the same direction. It only takes a few seconds.

I agree with EricS! You really don't need all the hooks, unless you carry everything to the woods. I only use it as a bow hook and back hook on each side of the tree, and the third one i use in front of me to put my binoculars on if I don't use my harness! But you could get rid of one of them if wanted.

I use one. I don't love it. It takes effort to keep quiet and pack well and is slightly more fiddly than you'd think. But it gets the job done.

I use one. I don't love it. It takes effort to keep quiet and pack well and is slightly more fiddly than you'd think. But it gets the job done.
Appreciate the honesty. I have a different model with the same results. I'm interested in trying this one due to @SloMos mod of opening the grooves to allow use on molle webbing.

I am planning to use an extra woven daisy chain from @DanO as my utility strap (and CAYG aider) and I'm hopeful that these modded hooks will slide in easily for a bow hanger and maybe binos. Pack will hold the girth hitched strap via biner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is it more quiet than wild edge steps? Granted I'm new at them but it's a bunch of steel in a bag.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Back