• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear suggestion

Amgc311

Looking for a retractable gear hoist...any suggestions...or are they worth it?

Doyles Huntin' Hoist and I think its worth it. Some guys figure 8 the rope but I prefer the Doyles still.

Hey thanks again for the suggestion...just looked at them and a couple of mod videos for putting it on my new saddle...

I used to use the HSS gear hoist. I like the concept a lot but found that the ribbon they use in them (instead of a rope) is so light that it blows in even the most gentle breeze and would tangle up on every little thing. Got tired of it so went back to simple paracord. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think that depends on a guys set up. For me it would be a waste as I use a 35ft piece of paracord as both a gear hoist once I’m at hight and to retrieve my rappel rope once I get down.

I do the same exact thing. I coil it such that when I pull the inside end it deploys out. I attach one caribiner to my harness and the other to my bow and it deploys as I climb up.

I found a 32 foot retractable dog leash for pretty cheap at Walmart, it’s just kinda big because it has a handle

I found a 32 foot retractable dog leash for pretty cheap at Walmart, it’s just kinda big because it has a handle

Remove the handle

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

And then what, tape a carabiner to it to secure it to my belt? The structural integrity outweighs the size to me

Buy a cheap fly reel break the clicker lever load it with 30 feet of 550 cord

Back