• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

getting a bow sight to fit properly on bow

lawrence

SH Member
I have had this issue with various bows..where the sight is perfect for one bow and two close in on another. Since this is not a dove tail bow sight and i am trying to avoid replacing my two spotthoggs..i am wonder what people have done to make the distance from the bow longer. The sight comes in at almost 5 inches in length and i am looking for at least a bow sight length of 6 inches.
Just wondering if anyone has a workaround, suggestions?

Just for clarification, you're saying the sight housing is too close to the riser? And you'd like the housing to be 6" forward of the riser?

Just for clarification, you're saying the sight housing is too close to the riser? And you'd like the housing to be 6" forward of the riser?
yes i need the housing to be 6 inches forward of the riser. (actually i should subtract one inch eachfor each of those numbers for the riser)

You could do what @Weldabeast suggested. Reach out to spot hogg and see if they make a longer bracket for your sight. I think I remember reading over on archerytalk that the fast Eddie bracket will interchange with other sights. Don't quote me on that.

Back