• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good “How to” video for Repelling?

Thetrueredneck

SH Member
So I have decided no matter how much I practice climbing with my HH sticks and aider that going back down sucks! I want to be able feel good about descending as I do climbing and repelling seems the perfect fit. So any info for videos of how to would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How I do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you

I went to a climbing store and had one of the guys show me a few options. I ended up going with a Belay and my biner. So far I haven’t had any issues and 1 sticking had made a huge difference in the height I am able to go.

How I do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you

I went to a climbing store and had one of the guys show me a few options. I ended up going with a Belay and my biner. So far I haven’t had any issues and 1 sticking had made a huge difference in the height I am able to go.

I use the black diamond atc-xp with an autoblock. I like it a lot, it’s light easy to hook up and control the decent with the autoblock. But If I bought from the start again I’d probably go with the mad rock safeguard. And I’d always use a prussik auto block.

Back