• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Greater Carolinas Hangtime! Saturday, March 7, 2020

Bwhana

SH Member
Thanks to our gracious host @Benman, we can finally announce the official gathering of Carolina saddle hunters in Clover, SC, convenient, but not limited to, anyone in the Western NC and upstate SC areas. Let's put the faces to the names and have a great time hanging out! This will be a completely informal, formal gathering of like saddle enthusiasts to share all forms of saddle gear, methods, and BS, as only Carolinians can (interpreters can be provided for those that recently moved here)!

The event will last from 10am~4pm with a bbq lunch provided at cost (~$10/ea, payable at the event). Signup prior to the event is required for each attendee at the link below. We highly encourage folks to bring someone new to hunting with them, or at least someone new to saddle hunting, and ladies and kids are always welcome! Anyone interested in T-shirts can contact @Jefferson10940 and discuss logo and color preferences and order via the doublesteps.com site. There will be lots of opportunities for horse trading and selling if you want to part with gear. There will also be gear/swag giveaways and product demos thanks to donations and support from saddle hunting vendors!

Who's coming?

Last edited:
My daughters got volleyball that day but don’t count me out just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hold on.....you said bbq.....that opens a whole new can of worms.

Mustard vs. vinegar base sauce, it's a Carolina thing!

I consider myself a North Carolinian since I’ve been here since 2002, but I spent the first 32 years of my life in TN.
Hate to tell you guys, but TN got it right. Hickory smoke and tomato base sauce. Facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I consider myself a North Carolinian since I’ve been here since 2002, but I spent the first 32 years of my life in TN.
Hate to tell you guys, but TN got it right. Hickory smoke and tomato base sauce. Facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Honestly, I like them all, but hate to insult good meat with any sauce!

Honestly, I like them all, but hate to insult good meat with any sauce!

I agree. I never put sauce on barbecue. If it is truly good barbecue it should have smoke flavor and I do not want to ruin that awesome flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would love to attend but I will be in florida with the inlaws.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I’m more interested in everyone’s approach to saucing their BBQ now......

I was raised that sauce was for mopping on the pig while it cooked. Sauce was for covering up a poor job of cooking.....

We are only 3.5 weeks out from the event and currently have 15 signed up via survey, and many others that have indicated they plan to come via other contact. Please complete the survey ASAP if you have not already done so to aid in final food and other planning for the organizers. Again, you are highly encouraged to bring newbies to either hunting or saddle hunting and build our community.

We have been reaching out to saddle hunting vendors and will have a nice give away raffle at lunch thanks to their generosity. Use Highland Ridge Point, Clover, SC 29710 for gps, and there will be a community parking lot with shuttle to the event (or you Keto guys can run there). More details to come as we close in...

Attendance Survey

Just signed up. Looking forward to meeting y’all. I guess I’ll bring my own BBQ sauce... Happy to carpool if someone is interested.

Last edited:
Back