• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Greetings from SE South Carolina

wizard

Hi Everyone - Found SH about a month ago and been lurking since. I'm in my 60's and an avid sportsman/hunter/fisherman.

Last edited:
Welcome from Arkansas. Dig in, there is gonna be a lot of opinions on a-lot of different gear. You will get the Ford, Chevy, Dodge talk for most saddles and even some of that for platforms/ROS. Don't count out the DIY solutions, 100's of DIY threads here too.

Hello and welcome from Central Florida. I can definitely relate, well except for the 60 part, not there yet, but everything else. My goal is to be in my 60's still hanging in trees enjoying the great outdoors, so I admire your youth. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome from Charleston! I too made the switch this past season after getting tired of carrying the summit and backpack on the long walks in through the thick areas around here.
Since you previously worked in a saddle, youll feel right at home and will allow you to be much more mobile.

Back