• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Guido's Web Review

Maustypsu

It is my first 'saddle' so not sure what I should have expected. I won't do a full review of everything but just want to call out two things to would-be buyers...

1) The instructions and videos that I got are from a prior generation of the Web. So they don't perfectly explain the one you will receive.

2) By the 2nd or 3rd hunt my whale tail bent - badly. It is almost 45 degrees bent. I weigh just a little over 200 pounds. I was having trouble where the seat kept wanting to "push me out the back". I realized it is because of the bend the web wanted to turn over. I left a message for them on Monday morning thru the website. 48 hours and not even an acknowledgement that they received it.

I have called and talked to butch a couple time and he has always been helpful with answering questions. Might try the phone #
It sounds like you aren't hooking the tree strap up right. I use a rope bridge and I couldn't fall out backwards even if I wanted too.

wes k said:
I have called and talked to butch a couple time and he has always been helpful with answering questions. Might try the phone #
It sounds like you aren't hooking the tree strap up right. I use a rope bridge and I couldn't fall out backwards even if I wanted too.

Haha. Yeah, I definitely couldn't fall out. I just mean that there was this pressure that wanted me to roll that way. It is because my fork has become like a rocking chair. So rather than dig right in, it is rolling up the tree which lifts my knees and forces my butt below them. 1st, it's just not supposed to do that. 2nd, it makes it harder to stand up with my butt lower vs higher than my knees where I want them.

I don't have any of me sitting in it.

But this is what the fork looks like now.

1f93bad93e2d4f1c2f7fcbe53c067307.jpg

2aebc89d06dcb600fd0f71c1e9665a88.jpg

Was reading your review and noticed you never said how or when you noticed your whale tale was bent and what you were doing when it happened. For the life of me I can't imagine how you could have bent it. Outside of putting mine in a vise or hitting it with a hammer I can't see anyway it could bend. Please explain how and when it bent.

Preacherman said:
Was reading your review and noticed you never said how or when you noticed your whale tale was bent and what you were doing when it happened. For the life of me I can't imagine how you could have bent it. Outside of putting mine in a vise or hitting it with a hammer I can't see anyway it could bend. Please explain how and when it bent.

Preacherman, I agree. I weight 200 and fork does not flex at all..

My guess is that it (no idea what "it" was) happened in my first three hunts. it has been progressively getting worse my last two or three days of sitting.

I called. We will figure it out. I am sure it will be resolved and I will post back here to update everyone on what sounds like should be a very smooth resolution.

Talked to Butch last night. Great guy. And yes, I would recommend calling vs emailing.

He talked me thru how to keep it huntable for the season and said he would fix it when I send it back at the end of the season. Of course he would do it now, but unlike most production companies, he gets that it is November so suggested the way to make it work. I like working with hunters who "get it".

Maustypsu said:
It is my first 'saddle' so not sure what I should have expected. I won't do a full review of everything but just want to call out two things to would-be buyers...

1) The instructions and videos that I got are from a prior generation of the Web. So they don't perfectly explain the one you will receive.

2) By the 2nd or 3rd hunt my whale tail bent - badly. It is almost 45 degrees bent. I weigh just a little over 200 pounds. I was having trouble where the seat kept wanting to "push me out the back". I realized it is because of the bend the web wanted to turn over. I left a message for them on Monday morning thru the website. 48 hours and not even an acknowledgement that they received it.
Mine bent about the same time due to the same thing happening but I just pushed it back in place works fine now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back