• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Had to take a break and build a sewing table top

JCLINE84

Vendor Rep
Been putting off replacing a table top for one of my machines for too long. Lowe’s has 2x4 feet butcher block counter tops pretty cheap so I just used a few woodworking tools and build a much better top than I can buy. Really pleased with how it turned out 7E169D06-E77F-43A2-B055-8116A35115B1.png

Nice job. What happened to your old top? I can't see how you could destroy one by slamming fabric on it. Maybe if you were iron working on it. Your stand doesn't have any rust so rot was probably not a problem.

Nice job. What happened to your old top? I can't see how you could destroy one by slamming fabric on it. Maybe if you were iron working on it. Your stand doesn't have any rust so rot was probably not a problem.
They just start to sag after a while. So I figured this butcher block would work better. From past experiences with wood glue it seems to be stronger than wood itself

Great job. Solid wood work.

I've got something similar planned but I'm gonna weld up a new base too. Mine is in my living room so I'd like it to look a little nicer than the bolt together bases for factory work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great job. Solid wood work.

I've got something similar planned but I'm gonna weld up a new base too. Mine is in my living room so I'd like it to look a little nicer than the bolt together bases for factory work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’ve thought about using 2 inch steel pipe and the fittings to assemble. Gives it an antique industrial look. And would last forever

Got it all cut out, sealed, and assembled with a new brushless servo and 1.5 inch pulley. She’s got a lot of torque. Gonna set this 1541 up for black thread and dedicate my 1508 to coyote thread. That’s how much I hate changing thread and getting the tension perfect. Really happy with this table so if you have the tools and need a new table I highly recommend building your own

juki tried n true my friend has one.she s an amazing seamstress.im a roofer.i have to go slow.just learning sewing.i used to tack my saddles together with hot glue then take them to a tent and awning shop to be stitched

Last edited:
Back