• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hand warmer

Treehopper2

SH Member
I’ve had this idea for a hand warmer designed to attach to the bridge and finally got around to making one .
Basically it clips to the bridge on each side either above or below and stays in place when you need to take your hands out.
I also made a little pouch that will hold a phone or other small items.
71c72d93541e72fc39352921904da1b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i run the belt of my hand muff around my bridge to keep it in place as well. they are nice, you can wear minimal gear on your hands and still keep them toasty warm
same approach im taking.. just got a muff so i dont have to where anything more than my talus gloves all season

I do the same thing, run my hand warmer belt around my bridge. Very comfy and out of the way, makes for a nice headrest on long hunts as well! I like the individual straps though! Great job, looks awesome!

What is the material on the inside? Also, would you entertain making for if people were interested? Peaks my interest for sure! Good work!

What is the material on the inside? Also, would you entertain making for if people were interested? Peaks my interest for sure! Good work!

The two that I have made both have a fleece material on the inside with some foam insulation between that and the out side material.
I wear thin gloves (military glove liners)and just wanted something you could throw a hand warmer in without a lot of bulk and keep you warm.
I didn’t make the ends real snug to your hand so it wouldn’t be hard to get your hands out quick if needed and letting the jacket sleeves fill the air gap.
I can make a few up if guys are interested in one but I may have to up the insulation inside for northern temps so i will have to see what I can get my hands on insulation wise.
It would have been easier to just modify my other hand muff I already had but like the rest of saddle hunting I wanted less bulk with something I could stuff in a pocket and roll.

You guys will laugh at what these two where made from of stuff I had laying around.
The multi cam one is a BDU shirt I chopped up and my buddies is 1000D Cordura from of all things a truck seat cover he had that was 10 years old and he had sold the truck and they where still in excellent condition he has a matching saddle I made him

You guys will laugh at what these two where made from of stuff I had laying around.
The multi cam one is a BDU shirt I chopped up and my buddies is 1000D Cordura from of all things a truck seat cover he had that was 10 years old and he had sold the truck and they where still in excellent condition he has a matching saddle I made him

811694dce8d98b13a7f6d7f2d936a077.jpg

I just run a webbing belt thru the muff and around my waist. Its in a more comfortable position for me when its against my body.
Plus I use it as a pouch for my tether, hand pruners, or other stuff while waliking and climbing. It's not hanging off the saddle or the bridge.
And I can always slip it around my back side if I'm not using it in front of me.

Back