• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hanging and positioning gear in the tree

NWPA22

I watched Greg's video on his DIY gear hangers for your bow, pack, calls etc.. does anyone have advice or pictures on what heights they hang their stuff at? I always used the top step of my climbing sticks that came up a few feet past my tree stand platform to hang my pack. Now that I can move around the tree where do you hang gear and is it a problem does it ever get in the way?

Much like Greg’s video, I hang my bag from a daisy chain set just below my tether, with my bag at about 2:00 (right handed archer) hanging off the tag end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The @g2outdoors method is hard to beat.

8af35b3e9ac98ded08337f68fe4d641b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Okay so I have a few hunts from the saddle killed a few does and a buck. I love hunting from the saddle. I feel that it tries to ride up my back and like my ass could slip out if I tried. How do you stop that? I tighten down th wes's leg straps to try and prevent a y ridding I'm I missing something?

I watched Greg's video on his DIY gear hangers for your bow, pack, calls etc.. does anyone have advice or pictures on what heights they hang their stuff at? I always used the top step of my climbing sticks that came up a few feet past my tree stand platform to hang my pack. Now that I can move around the tree where do you hang gear and is it a problem does it ever get in the way?

New to the tribe - my saddle is ordered and on the way - can someone link to Greg's video on DIY gear hangers?

Many thanks

Okay so I have a few hunts from the saddle killed a few does and a buck. I love hunting from the saddle. I feel that it tries to ride up my back and like my ass could slip out if I tried. How do you stop that? I tighten down th wes's leg straps to try and prevent a y ridding I'm I missing something?
experiment with lower teather height. Loosen waist belt and lower saddle low under butt. I’m trying to fine tune also

I think I will be experimenting this week. I plan on tying a slip loop on my tree tether made of paracord. From there I plan on using a small caribeaner to attach my pack. Only issue I can foresee is if I need to move my tree tether up or down. Otherwise I think it will work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Caution on attaching weight to your tether. If at any time you don't have tension on your tether the weight of your pack may try to pull your girth hitch loose.
Be safe and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm new to saddle hunting too I have a JX3 on order and can't wait until it arrives. Question: where can I get the hook that Greg has in the above video that he hangs his bow off of. I haven't see one of those before but I can see that I will need one for sure to use with my daisy chain system.

I've tried every method imaginable. Those plastic HME straps suck in my opinion. I have 3 or 4 of them in the garage. The daisy chain style method is superior in every way.

It's more versatile
It's easier to setup
You don't have to position those little hooks
Nothing can break
You don't have to deal with getting the plastic buckle adjusted just right.

I'll never go back to those little Hooks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm new to saddle hunting too I have a JX3 on order and can't wait until it arrives. Question: where can I get the hook that Greg has in the above video that he hangs his bow off of. I haven't see one of those before but I can see that I will need one for sure to use with my daisy chain system.

Amazon-search for heroclip. Size medium will be adequate for bow holder, rated for 60lbs, $20. I think tethrd is now selling them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back