• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hate when this happens

Yeah, that stinks but hey, you are seeing deer. Is it a buck only season or was this a self-imposed buck only spot?

Some of these seasons and rules are just weird. Doe only day, Buck only weekend, etc. The craziest rule we have is you can only hunt hogs on WMAs during an open season for something else. If its deer season I'm not hunting hogs, lol. Guess they just trust the hogs not to reproduce in the off season. They sure aren't serious about controlling their numbers.

I bet the DNR honchos just sit around a table preseason doing Jello shots and making this stuff up.

Some of these seasons and rules are just weird. Doe only day, Buck only weekend, etc. The craziest rule we have is you can only hunt hogs on WMAs during an open season for something else. If its deer season I'm not hunting hogs, lol. Guess they just trust the hogs not to reproduce in the off season. They sure aren't serious about controlling their numbers.

I bet the DNR honchos just sit around a table preseason doing Jello shots and making this stuff up.
Its usually wide open for archery (perks of bowhunting) but depending on the reserve or WMA i decide to hunt i can experience one or 2 days that even for archery are bucks only. And yeah the hogs rule is kind of stupid but i can see why they do it. But ill kill hogs all day on a deer stand. I can be in a prime deer spot and if i see hogs ill get down and stalk them if i can get them from the saddle or stand.

So today i was in the tree as the light was coming, as the sun peaks i have 7 does within 50 yds, mind you im bow hunting, by 9 oclock i had seen a total of 11 does. But on this particular day it was bucks only. This has happened to me once or twice before but man today it really bummed me out.
Yea we can take doe during archery but I rarely get shots on them until general gun when we aren’t allowed to shoot them lol it’s like they know

Its usually wide open for archery (perks of bowhunting) but depending on the reserve or WMA i decide to hunt i can experience one or 2 days that even for archery are bucks only. And yeah the hogs rule is kind of stupid but i can see why they do it. But ill kill hogs all day on a deer stand. I can be in a prime deer spot and if i see hogs ill get down and stalk them if i can get them from the saddle or stand.
Oh yeah, I understand why they do it too but on private you can hunt hogs 24/7/365 with anything from toenail clippers to a 50 BMG.

What grain toenail clippers are you running for those big hogs?
You've got to use the big ones. The 600 to 650 grain ones. Many people have lost hogs or even been hurt using the small fingernail clippers. And you want to get the 2 blade ones. Some of them have a mechanical cuticle file blade that opens mechanically but they are prone to breaking.

Back