• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk helium buckles

Tembo

I've got a Hawk Helium saddle to try this thing and after fooling with it some things became clear even to a knownothing like me.
1 the buckles on this thing suck, both waist and leg straps. I've already replaced the leg buckles with Latitude buckles and was thinking of using 2 welded "D" ring buckle system for the waist belt? Are there any other options?
2 the bridge is too long and unadjustable so the only way to fix it is to cut and replace it thus voiding the warranty(same with leg straps/belt) and by doing so releasing them from any liability(That was probably recommended by lawyers for that very purpose) I decided to go with 1" web tube, any thoughts on that?
3 I've sewn the belt/ leg straps parts back with 50lbs test spiderwire ez braid fishing line, I pretty good at diy sewing and way over do it for safety sake, has anyone heard anything negative about using spiderwire for thread? Thanks!

I've got a Hawk Helium saddle to try this thing and after fooling with it some things became clear even to a knownothing like me.
1 the buckles on this thing suck, both waist and leg straps. I've already replaced the leg buckles with Latitude buckles and was thinking of using 2 welded "D" ring buckle system for the waist belt? Are there any other options?
Couldn't find a good picture of the HH waist belt, but it looks like 1". You could try a 1" Raptor buckle such as is sold by Eastern Woods Outdoors. Possibly frame buckles if they are rated high enough and your comfort level.

2 the bridge is too long and unadjustable so the only way to fix it is to cut and replace it thus voiding the warranty(same with leg straps/belt) and by doing so releasing them from any liability(That was probably recommended by lawyers for that very purpose) I decided to go with 1" web tube, any thoughts on that?
Love me a tubular webbing bridge. You can run it with water knots on both ends. You can also use a rated frame buckle to make it easier to adjust if you are looking for the perfect length for you. Afterwards I would make it fixed with knots, personally.

3 I've sewn the belt/ leg straps parts back with 50lbs test spiderwire ez braid fishing line, I pretty good at diy sewing and way over do it for safety sake, has anyone heard anything negative about using spiderwire for thread? Thanks!
I have no experience with spiderwire

Good luck!

Back