• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium rope mod

Tim Michlig

I just switched from the lone wolf sticks to the hawk helium to get 2 steps instead of one. I had the rope mod on the lone wolf sticks with climbing rope can I use that in the hawk and well or is the different button going to cause issues?

I am a new saddle hunter and bought the helium’s. At first I used it with the metal buckle but I saw a post on here about just using the strap. It works perfectly without the buckle.

You literally take the buckle off and synch it in a certain way and they are very secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just switched from the lone wolf sticks to the hawk helium to get 2 steps instead of one. I had the rope mod on the lone wolf sticks with climbing rope can I use that in the hawk and well or is the different button going to cause issues?

I think you should be fine with the mod, or do what was already mentioned and ditch the buckle end of your Hawk strap and go that route. I have done both on Lone Wolf and Hawk sticks. I think I prefer the flat strap and stitched end over the rope and knot, but either way is good to go.

I prefer the rope mod with no stretch dyneema over the straps that do stretch. staps absorb moisture too... moisture equals mal-odors

Back