• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium Sticks DIY

DM33

I was wondering if anyone could get me the dimensions of the post on the Hawk Helium sticks. I like the fold up double step design and I want to copy that for my own diy stick.

Also, what is the lightest diy full length sticks anyone has made? I sketched a model in a cad program and without hardware, the stick weighs less than 1.5 lbs.

Thanks

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

a0dc6afa2c16e01a40481a3f045aab02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your definition of full length? If you are really weight saving addict, The Shikar and Tethrd stick are around a lb WITH hardware so maybe use them as the baseline.

I use a cut down 10 in Hawk Helium with only the bottom fold down steps. It work great for me and with a 3 steps aider and straps, it around 1.8 lb. Honestly if you are doing 1 stick, the weight is not a major factor. Go with what most comfortable for you, a few ounces doesnt add up when its only 1 stick.

What is your definition of full length? If you are really weight saving addict, The Shikar and Tethrd stick are around a lb WITH hardware so maybe use them as the baseline.

I use a cut down 10 in Hawk Helium with only the bottom fold down steps. It work great for me and with a 3 steps aider and straps, it around 1.8 lb. Honestly if you are doing 1 stick, the weight is not a major factor. Go with what most comfortable for you, a few ounces doesnt add up when its only 1 stick.
By full length, I was meaning around 30". So I could go up 3 steps per stick

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

Back