• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk helium sticks.

Buck619

So I bought a set of hawk helium sticks and one of the buckets is not holding anymore. Wondering where I can get alternative straps. I am concerned about the other straps failing during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf, novix, beast gear, and a ton of other places sell buckled straps.

Yea like Camelcluch said or consider rope mods or daisy chain, their quieter.

Beast is selling some of their straps for like 2.50. grabs some buttons too!

But I also recommend just buying webbing material from EWO or Even Amazon. There are tons of uses for them.

I totally switched over to am steel daisy chain. I made them myself. If you need a strap or buckle let me know I will give you one.

I just got a set of helium sticks too(first time saddle hunter). The straps work fine but they sure seem inferior to the steps themselves as they are strong. Are these what y’all are replacing? Id like to modify and add strap steps and try to carry in just one step set instead of 3 at some point, still learning at ground level

So I bought a set of hawk helium sticks and one of the buckets is not holding anymore. Wondering where I can get alternative straps. I am concerned about the other straps failing during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entirely up to you but I'm using my Heliums without the buckles. After removing the buckles, the existing straps operate similar to a rope mod - you simply need to be sure to double-wrap the button and then be sure to hitch or tie off the tag end (don't rely exclusively on this as a friction hitch).

As always, safety first......works for me just fine but do what works best for you.

I use amsteel 7/64 daisy chains I made myself. No buckle and light as a feather. I also have a set of daisy chain straps that came with my new set of hawk mini sticks. Not as easy as the amsteel to separate the strap but still pretty good. You can look it up on YouTube super easy to make.

Back