• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Helium suction cups

Kmarks

I am thinking about ordering a set of the new Heliums. Is Hawk sending replacement parts if they are broken?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I emailed Mack's last night and they just responded. They said they are contacting hawk to send me some replacement parts. They responded pretty quickly. I will let you know how it turns out.

I've never bought sticks or used them. I'm looking to get some this year. I see on mack's site they are about $100. I was wanting to get sticks from bass pro seeing that I have 3 or 4 gift cards for them. What's your opinion on the heliums?

If they can’t survive being shipped in a box on a truck. Doesn’t bode well for them in real hunting situations. Hope it gets resolved. People shouldn’t have to wait even longer for parts.

I have a set of the first gen Heliums. I like them, but was interested in the suction cups for transport. May get a set from Mack's and remove the cups.

Gen1 helium’s no problems. They fixed a problem they didn’t have by adding suction cups. The hawks nest better than my Xop or my Muddy Pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gen1 helium’s no problems. They fixed a problem they didn’t have by adding suction cups. The hawks nest better than my Xop or my Muddy Pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think it was an idea worth trying, but I don't know that it's worth it based on what I've seen on mine so far. The cup doesn't hold them together tight enough that they can't rattle so I'm going to have to wrap them with something anyway.

The plastic that goes into the suction cup is obviously brittle given how many have been reported broken in transport. I could definitely see them breaking if you drop a stick and it happens to hit that side down. I'm also not sure how well the suction cups will work as they get older and lose some of their suppleness.

I know that all sounds pretty negative.l, but I really do like the sticks from what I've seen so far. I'm anxious to get out and try climbing with them and see how they compare to my muddy pros.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think it was an idea worth trying, but I don't know that it's worth it based on what I've seen on mine so far. The cup doesn't hold them together tight enough that they can't rattle so I'm going to have to wrap them with something anyway.

The plastic that goes into the suction cup is obviously brittle given how many have been reported broken in transport. I could definitely see them breaking if you drop a stick and it happens to hit that side down. I'm also not sure how well the suction cups will work as they get older and lose some of their suppleness.

I know that all sounds pretty negative.l, but I really do like the sticks from what I've seen so far. I'm anxious to get out and try climbing with them and see how they compare to my muddy pros.

If you take the suction cups and buttons off, it's basically a gen 1 with a versa button. Everyone was modding the gen 1's by adding versa buttons which cost extra money. I don't feel like I'm losing anything here. You get double folding steps, stand offs, stick and versa button for like $40 ish. That's a pretty stinking good deal. Even if the suction cups are a fail. That's why I bought some. Going to cut them down to 24" just like I would a gen 1.

I've never bought sticks or used them. I'm looking to get some this year. I see on mack's site they are about $100. I was wanting to get sticks from bass pro seeing that I have 3 or 4 gift cards for them. What's your opinion on the heliums?
I have the first generation helium’s. I cut them down and did the rope mode as well. I really like them. Super light and versatile. I carry 3 with an aider loop that hangs down 23” from bottom step with 3 sticks and an aider I can get to 23’. That’s the bottom of my ring of steps or platform. I hunt a lot of public. They strap to my backpack very easily with larger nites ize gear ties. I’m tethered in in 8 -10 min depending on the tree. I hope they sell the suction cups seperate. That would make it even easier to tote around.

It's only a matter of time till some one 3D print's the buttons in a stronger material. Maybe making the round part a mm or two bigger for a tighter fit. I would buy them.

I emailed Mack's last night and they just responded. They said they are contacting hawk to send me some replacement parts. They responded pretty quickly. I will let you know how it turns out.

Sorry but what is this Mack’s website?

Mackspw.com. they are one of the sites that are selling Hawk Heliums. So is midway usa and lancaster archery. People are getting them quicker through these sites than if they ordered them through Hawk's site for preorder.

I agree with what all have said about the suction cup issue. I have already rigged up a way to strap them together and carry. If I get the parts and the suction cup works as designed then all the better.

I have the first generation helium’s. I cut them down and did the rope mode as well. I really like them. Super light and versatile. I carry 3 with an aider loop that hangs down 23” from bottom step with 3 sticks and an aider I can get to 23’. That’s the bottom of my ring of steps or platform. I hunt a lot of public. They strap to my backpack very easily with larger nites ize gear ties. I’m tethered in in 8 -10 min depending on the tree. I hope they sell the suction cups seperate. That would make it even easier to tote around.

What size did you cut them down to?

I wonder if the new lone wolf grommets (if sold seperate) could be modified on
What size did you cut them down to?
i basically copied daveT1973

I picked up a set of these off of midway and one of the male parts that goes into the suction cups was broken in shipping. I called the customer service number from the hawk website and told the lady my problem and she said she would mail me out four for replacements. She asked if it was the male part and sounds like she has been hearing about this issue more than once.

Do you even really need the suction cups on them? I'm a newbie as well, just curious.

I am going to take mine off. I dont think they are necessary and it appears they are somewhat fragile so probably wouldn't last anyway. Nice try though.

Back