• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk helium Ultra lite

Clay_h

Would my hawk helium cam over like the lone Wolf if I cut the block that connects to the tree towards the bottom off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00483a0f2898b41f17913574abedfc02.jpg

I dont believe you should have any issues camming the platform unless the tree happens to have a knot between the platform and the top standoff. That said I dont know what the purpose of the piece on the back of the post is either. That stand looks virtually identical to my loggy bayou stand but mine does not have that piece you have circled. Is that for use with one of those mounting brackets rather than using the cam straps?

That’s what I thought but you’d think hawk would make one for it if it was and they don’t. I then thought it was to keep the stand off the tree while you adjust the platform level. I’m not sure I just thought if I cut it off it would cam over a lot better and dig into the tree.

Back