• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello: all from a South Dakota archery hunting nut.

SD Guy

Been Archery hunting for a lot of years. Last season was my first year hunting from a saddle. Learning curve seemed a little steep at the start of season. Practiced at home for first few times up in the tree. First few hunts were pretty much practice sessions that were more challenging than I expected. Managed to fill my one tag from the saddle by mid November.

Expect the coming season may be approached somewhat diffrent though time will tell. Id like to find more aider options to chose from.

Welcome from Maine! I just finished my 3rd season hunting out of a saddle and I still haven't "settled" on a complete set up yet so don't sweat that. Just have fun and be safe. Congrats on your first saddle kill.

Thank you for the warm welcome, all. Looking forward to reading what is & is not working well for others. Perhaps will be most interested in what is working best for the older archery hunters.

Welcome; what part of South Dakota? I've wanted to get up there an hunt. I was born in Rapid City many years ago and my ancestry was from the Yankton, Mission hills area.

It looks like its time for me to finally do that antelope hunt. Welcome!

Back