• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from IN

matto

I've been a lurker on this site for several years, and decided this year to jump into saddle hunting. Being fortunate to hunt private property, I've never really considered mobile hunting to be necessary and always preset ladder stands and hang on stands in spots where deer move every season. Decided last season to try a mobile hang on and stick setup, and enjoyed hunting different trees and areas a lot, but did not enjoy the bulk that came with lugging around a stand and sticks. Got a Cruzr XC for Christmas, and looking forward to refining the process this offseason and hope to hunt primarily out of the saddle this upcoming fall. One of the better properties I have permission to hunt on is getting select cut this winter/spring, so I anticipate that the deer movement will change somewhat in response to that. I also find myself losing permission on private property more and more as time goes on and ownership changes. I figure I should start to get a mobile strategy in place sooner rather than later for when I inevitibly will be hunting primarily public property. Plus, it just looks like a ton of fun to hunt this way!

Sorry for the long winded intro, but thanks for all the information and advice on here. Seems like a great online community of hunters!

This is the most useful site there is for gaining knowledge about deer hunting from a saddle. Welcome aboard from East Ky!

This is a great online community of hunter's. My one and only form of social media. Everyone is very helpful on here. Welcome aboard from Maine!

Hello from the Lafayette, IN area. My experience is very similar to yours, but my transition happened a few years ago. I also hunt mainly private and transitioned from preset ladder stands to a heavy "mobile" hang on before switching to the saddle last year. It's a fun way to hunt being able to pick a different tree every time.

Welcome from Virginia Beach! I think you will find that not being tied down to a few locations will produce better results and more enjoyment from your hunting experience. Good Luck!

Back