• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

hello from South Jersey

Archer19422

I live here in Atlantic County South Jersey, i started saddle hunting this year, have been going out with my friends and they say they have never seen or heard of saddle hunti

Welcome from coastal NC!! And where have your friends been under a rock or something? As much hype as saddles have gotten recently it is hard to believe they haven't heard of them!!!

they dont live under rocks with being busy trying to find work and take care of their families they are not hunting to much.hey where on the coast do you live i was stationed in Atlantic Beach back in the mid 70s that was when i was in the Coast Guard

Welcome! I’m the only saddle hunter i know out of my circle.

I don’t think it’s as common or well known as some think and honestly i don’t know it ever will be but it’s been a nice addition to my arsenal as i still use climbers and fixed stands as well.

Saddle is my ultra mobile deep public land option.

It is now the only thing I use but next year I am thinking of putting up some seats and just use climbing sticks to get up to the platform but I will never carry a portable climbing stand again.I can honestly say that at 64 they are to heavy.

Great to have the plethora of options nowadays.

I know they’ve been around a long time but i myself only heard of them 4 years ago or so even though this is my 32nd season and with so many available to try it’s easy to find what suits you.

Welcome again. Im surprised to hear saddles havent caught on but come to think of it most of the guys i used to hunt with in NJ havent switched.

Good luck.

No kidding small world. I live on Pine ave. I’m 39 lived here in the township my whole life
Kenny Souder

Back