• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from western Washington state

Fozzie Bear

Hi All,

This forum has been really helpful as I research the gear and techniques used to climb and sit in trees. The volume and detail of information that is available is amazing. Equally as important to me, the vibe and social character demonstrated in the conversations seems really good. Thanks for everyone’s input that creates this resource.

I started hunting with bows and arrows as a kid in the 60s, and like most archers I followed the sport into compound bows. I was not as active as I might have have preferred, but I’ve had some great times and have harvested a few critters along the way.

3-4 years ago I started shooting ILF and stick bows exclusively, and I reckon I am becoming proficient enough to using these for big game. I live and hunt in a rainforest, so tree sitting seems like a good way to go.

I look forward to participating in the saddle hunting game.

Randy

Tx for the welcomes.
I bought a second hand Phantom saddle and custom 1 stick. I am waiting on a rope order and planning to splice tether and lineman. I’ve been fiddling around and practicing near the ground with rope I have around the house so far.

Back